Giant Faith Freeride Full Suspension

In the world of pro freerider Kurt Sorge, there’s no room for second guessing. That’s why Kurt rides Faith, the most advanced freeride bike ever built. With its lightweight, unyielding FluidForm ALUXX SL aluminum frame and 7 inches of plush Maestro Suspension travel-plus the ingenious adjustable geometry, with its convertible dropout system-Faith comes through when you need it most.

• Marzocchi 66 RCV, 20mm thru-axle, 180mm suspension fork, Marzocchi Rocco R coil rear shock
  • SRAM X.5 shifters/X.5 rear derailleur with Avid Elixir 5 disc brakes
  • Giant Contact AM handlebar, Giant Contact FR stem and Giant Contact seatpost
  • Sun Ringle MTX31 rim/Giant Tracker 20mm (F) hub/ Formula Disc (R) hub, wheelset
  • Color: Bright Red/Cyan

[Aug 22, 2012]
PeytonP

OVERALL
Strength:

Indestructable frame,
single crown,
7" of easily tuned RockShox suspension,
strong factory wheels
37lbs (fully built, stock)

Giant AM bar (personal preference. gave me wrist pain)
66 degree HA a bit steep for gnarlier downhill (but perfect for everything else)

The 2012 Giant Faith can conquer any gravity mission- freeride, downhill, and slopestyle. Though it may leave you wishing for a Glory to be faster on the steepest rocky stuff, the Faith will bring you down any trail you choose and then be there for you when the trail runs out and that untouched hill looks good, too. Strong riders will be able to pedal uphill and ride all day.
Really came alive for me with the longer/slacker dropouts.
After 3 days at Angel Fire Bike Park, my affair with the Giant Faith turned to love. It proved itself on every trail they had and went everywhere I wanted it to go. The X9 brakes performed well, the wheels stayed solid, and the bashgaurd and derailleur mostly held fast after a landing slide down the side of a wooden ramp.
Bottom line- The Giant Faith is amazing. 2012 is the last year (as far as I know) for the Faith, as Giant focuses on the Glory. If you're like me, a dual-crown might be overkill for your local trails, but you still want a bike to handle anything you build and any bike park you visit. If that's the case, do yourself a favor and get one before it's too late.

[Jul 01, 2012]
Wall-e

OVERALL
Strength:

A combination of Reign & Glory. An excellent all mtn, freeride and downhill bike. Very quick and nimble on tight turns. The rear wheel bites so well uphill making it pedable w/o noticing any bob. So plush and supple when landing those high jumps, which makes it truly a freeride bike. Downhill, it floats.

Well, I guess my leg. More color option would be nice like a luminous green, or I can repaint it if I want to.

This frame is flickable in the air making me wanna learn tricks. Solid and reassuring, well balance geometry to weight frame. Total wt is dependent on components. Cheap parts equals heavy bike remember that formula kids!

[Jun 27, 2012]
Freechee

OVERALL
Strength:

Unbelievably Amazing!! It is indeed the most advanced freeride/all mtn bike I have ever ridden, coming from 2 major brands top of the line bikes. Awesome! on downhill, It is like a lite beer Glory! The Maestro suspension is sick, it adapts to any type of terrain, fork and shock reactions. Gives me so much confidence on gnarly drops and jumps, simply bottomless.

Well, I guess I just have to leave this blank.

Marzocchi 66 rc3 evi ti & roco wc ti coil is my ultimate all mtn/freeride set-up, sweeeeeet!
I have never written a review w/o a weakness on any bike except this. My buddy's are all wanting to borrow it all the time, I go, guys! just sell your intensely, specialzd, pivoting, turners and go to santa cruz and get your own, coz its not els worthy...
I'am being funny. Seriously! dudes and dudets, go get your own! if you can find one. This bike is so popular that even the company is having a hardtime keeping up.

[May 13, 2012]
flowrob

OVERALL
Strength:

Super strong frame, stable, incredibly well balanced, pedals great uphill for a Freeride Bike.

Marzocchi 66 RCV(not plush enough compared to my Rockshox Totem DH), Rocco R(Rebound to slow), Avid brakes(weak)

this is my 4th Giant bike after Reign, ReignX, Glory, I've been riding this bike for almost a year now and for me it's the perfect allround bike, Downhill, Freeride and even uphill ( gives you strong legs).

[Jul 20, 2011]
ANC-Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid build delivers good performance right out of the box. Having the option to slack-out the bike with interchangable drop outs is nice for the bike park.

Giant handlebar and brakes needed a bleed right away to chase out air.

Nice build for the money, works really well with no need for upgrades.

Norco Shore, Yeti ASX, Demo 7

[May 22, 2011]
AAAustin

OVERALL
Strength:

ABSOLUTLY EVERY THING

Ummmmmmm let me think.............
5 hours later......
I can't think of any

Amazing

Nothing compares

[Apr 06, 2011]
fireman6131

OVERALL
Strength:

got the 2010 model love the marzocchi 66 rcv and well really nearly everything else

seatpost tube is short nothing reverb doesnt fix though could use a little better braking system

first 7 inch travel bike and i love it i wouldn't trade it for the world it seems to take everything i throw at it and just begs for more!!!

n/a

[Sep 04, 2010]
Bird26

OVERALL
Strength:

- This bike is a monster.
- Really good value.
- Even though classified as a Freeride bike, I find it works just fine downhill.
- Does this frame break? I weight 96kg and I like the taste of air, so far this bike is holding up.

None really, if anything it is a bit heavy for a freeride class, but I use it for more of DH, so it doesn't bother me.

Great bike, no complains about it really :)

GT Force 1.0 2010, Giant NRS Air 2005, Giant XTC AC1 2001, Giant MCM D 2007, Giant XTC HB3 2009.

[May 01, 2009]
GabrielGF

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything

Nome that i found.

This bike rides well on every track that i rode does all, pedal, corner, jump, brakes much better than hype and expensives other DH rigs. Good bike indeed.

V-10, stab, sunday, glory, transition etc

[Feb 20, 2009]
Giftofthenile89

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Strong Frame! i have managed to endo this bike on a 25ft double, Nothing happened to the bike, i wasn't so lucky.
No pedal bob,
8" of travel, (feels like a pillow).
MAESTRO suspension! (Brilliant)
Looks Real Good Going Of A Cliff!

UMMMMM.....

Get this bike 5 out of 5 hands down......
You won't be disappointed
Built for big drops, Huge air, And all out crazy!

Kona,Mongoose,Marin.....

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.