Surly Pug Ops Fat Bikes

• Frame: Surly Pugsley, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double butted. TIG-welded
  • Fork: Surly Moonlander, 135mm O.L.D., non-offset. 4130 CroMoly. TIG-welded. 1-1/8" threadless steer tube, uncut
  • Crankset: Surly OD, Offset Double, 36/22
  • Bottom Bracket: Surly Enduro with sleeve, external, Cormoly, for 100mm shell
  • Chain: KMC x10RB, It busts rust!

[Apr 22, 2016]
Bill H

OVERALL
Strength:

No need for suspension - Tires give you plenty of cush

heavy but you already knew that

My first fatty. Wow, so much traction. Rode the front tire at 7 PSI in big rocks! You don't even feel anything smaller than 1 inch. It's a brick but the gears serve it well. My time was very similar on a local single track trail as my SS hardtail. SO much fun I can't even go into it. Get one!

[Dec 31, 2014]
Tim
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Good clean welds. Paint is strong and resistant. Nice little details. Good component build. Geometry is dialed for a comfortable and efficient snow bike.

Bike has a slight pull to one side due to the type of lacing of spokes on rear wheel. Doesn't affect braking but can be irritating. Think its off - set lacing so you can run a single speed. I thought the flat handle bar they chose for the bike was a poor choice and put on a bar with more rise and sweep. Why are we selling winter bikes, that most likely will be rode in salt without a chain guard - this should be standard ?

Surly is not new to fat bikes and this is why I went with them. I heard, and it is true they have dialed in the perfect angles and build specs for a snow bike. Good build of components and reasonable price. I was expecting bike to be heavier than it was but it was quite reasonable for a snow bike. Climbs well on snow covered packed trails.

None.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.