Scott Big Ed Fat Bikes

He is equipped with a light custom butted alloy frame, a Rock Shox Bluto RL Fork, and an optimized 2x10 drivetrain. Travel is 100mm.

[Nov 30, 2017]
Scott Rittiger

OVERALL
Strength:

Mid level component spec.
Nimble handling
Bluto
Graphics/paint(2017)

Non tubeless ready rims
2X10 drive train
E13 Crank/BB

I got the the bike on close out pricing so it was a smoking deal with money left over to customize/upgrade. With that said I don't believe that I will need to unless I feel the need to lighten things up. The bike performs well on the trail but can be a little squirrelly in the mud with the tires inflated to 15PSI, lower the pressure and everything is fine. The bottom bracket is the Achilles heel of the bike it seems, within 6 miles the BB had loosened and required a proprietary tool that E13 uses to make the adjustment by the LBS. The forms have multiple threads listing this as an issue but it has been working great since the adjustment. The 2x10 drive train is good and bad in my opinion. Yes it's heavy and more complicated moving parts to freeze up in the winter and some question the need for all that range of gearing. But from my point of view it comes in handy on the rail trails that I access to get to the single track that I like to ride. It's a trade off for me that I can accept now but when winter arrives I my question it's existence.