Sarma Shaman Fat Bikes

• Internal cable routing

[Dec 06, 2017]
jiw71

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, light frame and wheel set, xx build, 135mm front hub, 170mm rear hub

crappy tires, no 'guides/stops' for aligning wheels to front fork and rear chainstay (for thru axle installation).

This is what a fat bike should be like..............not too fat, very light & nimble, excellent traction with good flotation capabilities. It is very close to my 29+ hardtail only with better flotation in sand and snow. Purchased in October 2016 so I have ridden this bike for over a year now. The first change I made was getting rid of the Veerubber HBillie tires - heavy and slow rolling even setup tubeless. Changed to Bontrager Rougarous TLR 3.8x26. Had a blast riding this bike on groomed snow trails as well as shore riding in sand last winter. Next change was installing a Wren inverted fork with 110mm of travel. This enabled me to ride this bike as a trail bike that handled all the technical trails that I rode this past summer and fall. AS of this date I changed back to the rigid carbon fork for winter riding. The price point for this bike was also a bonus. I own several bikes purchased at LBS's but a "direct to consumer" purchase is definitely a money saver.

[Jun 02, 2017]
Max Murdock

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and stiff. By far the fastest Fat Bike I have owned so far. I also have a Niner RIP 9 RDO and the Shaman is as fast or almost as fast on more twisty technical trails. The power from the pedals go directly into very efficient forward motion with the Sarma Naral Carbon wheelset and stiff frame.

None other than the rear axel being 170mm when the normal now seems to be in the 190 - 197mm range. The 170 is not a factor with me since I was able to still fit a Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.4 in with no problems for clearance and chainline. If you want the 4.8 - 5 in plus tires, this frame will not accommodate the larger tires.

I ordered the Shaman Build Kit with a Rockshok Bluto Fork. The frame and components have a very high quality fit and finish. The frame was flawless, very light, stiff and has a matte finish that is amazing repelling dirt/mud. Almost like a Teflon finish. You can knockoff what sticks with a brush or glove. The Sarma Naran Carbon wheels are stiff, true and tight. I haven't had to touch the spokes and were very easy to set up tubeless. The frame is also very vertically compliant and shock absorbing for being so stiff. Maybe the 27.2mm carbon seatpost also has something to do with that. The bike has a very planted and stable feel to it. Handling is spot on for cruising or railing (snow or dry).

1st Fat Bike was a Salsa Mukluk, 2nd was a Carver Beast Titanium with a Rockshok Bluto.

[Oct 25, 2016]
RMITTEL

OVERALL
Strength:

Price
Componenet level for the price
Weight
Solid frame

Initial build quality- but recified by Sarma

My initial review was a bit negative because I had some issues with the build that Sarma was reluctant to correct. They did fix the issues and after a season of riding this bike it is my go to bike. As a Denver area front range rider this has become my go to bike. It climbs and descends as well as my 29er. I have a group of friends who also have fat bikes and thisout performs theirs in weight and all around usage. I highly recommend this bike if you are not looking to spend a great deal and get a great bike for the money.

[Jan 18, 2016]
Greg May

OVERALL
Strength:

Superlight fat bike. Great handling and acceleration

Probably i'd want to change a tires.

I've bought bike directly from Sarmabikes.com. In about two weeks i received a bike in two boxes.
Really like a bike with a great price.

Actual price is $3,573 USD

[Dec 30, 2015]
Ross

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, sharp looking frame

Poor quality factory build. Arrived with oil leaking from brakes, slightly bent 36T chain ring, and front end cap O-ring was pinched when installed.

This is more an initial review of the Sarma build quality. The bike arrived with the rear brake line leaking- obviously never tested brakes. The large front chain ring has slight bend in it. Even when FD perfectly adjusted, slight rub on FD. Once again never checked at factory. The front hub end cap had the O-ring pinched when cap was installed. Wheel did not turn rotate well. Once again no one could have checked this at factory.
I have been trying to get Dimitri to rectify these issues. His response is - We don't warranty SRAM brakes. Call SRAM. ???? Sarma installed the brakes thru frame. It is their issue!
Dimitri keeps asking for more pictures of front hub. Have sent multiple pictures. This should be simple item. Just send me an O-ring. At most a $.25 item! I am willing to just replace the chain ring myself. Overall might be a good bike but can't ride it because Sarma won't fix it up in order to be to do so. I hate to bad mouth a start up company but I would have to say - BUYER BEWARE!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.