Origin 8 Crawler Fat Bikes

The all-new Origin-8 Crawler! In a sharp move from traditional, we've used a state-of-the-art NuVinci N360 gearless CVP drivetrain to provide smooth, seamless shifting and no external gear maintenance. A wide 360% ratio range ensures you're always in the right ratio within its range. We've given you a stunning hydroformed alloy frame with massive 26"x 4" Origin-8 Devist-8er tires and powerful Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes with large 180mm rotors front and rear. Our new horizontal drop-out design will allow for different drivetrain setups. If you've never ridden something as cool as this, try one for yourself. Just be ready to fall in love with the fat tire.

[Mar 21, 2018]
SIMPLEdoesIT

OVERALL
Strength:

It's a very fun and enjoyable ride. It definitely turn heads. The shifts is extremely smooth and gearless.

It makes a squeaky noise when riding in puddles and I'm not sure why.

Price Paid:
1300.00
Purchased:
Used
[Apr 10, 2017]
nosfelle
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fun bike to ride! Shifting with the Nu Vinci rear hub is amazing and very fun!!!

a tad heavy but not much of a weakness because of the very cool fun factor!

A Very fun bike to ride on and off road! It is a little heavy but the shifting with the Nu Vinci rear hub is amazing and very reliable...and super fun because it's so smooth! The bike handles great and is very well constructed! No problems so far after a year of riding! My friends also really enjoy riding it because of the smooth shifting and fun factor! Awesome bike and very glad I bought it!

[Apr 26, 2016]
Matt Goldman

OVERALL
Strength:

great idea on the internal transmission. i liked no gearz

heavy internal tranny needs to last

I just returned the bike. thankfully the bike shop REI was awesome about the return 10minutes on the phone. I would have kept it if Origin would have called them back (or emailed) the mechanic told me when i brought the bike in that they (Manufacturer) has not returned his emails or phone calls for the past year. bad service from the manufacturer

[Nov 02, 2015]
Doug

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable and attractive to look at. The variable speed hub sold me with a nice price. Rides great and handling is wonderful

Bad welding and finish. Have weld slag on the frame and you can see bad grinding marks on the down tube that paint will not cover. Have 60 miles on it and just broke the variable speed shifter. Feels like a piece of plastic broke inside. The paint is chipping already on the crank and frame.

I looked at this bike for over a year and had high expectations. The fit and finish on the frame is disappointing as that seems to be a easy manufacturing process to take care of. The shifter breaking is a big disappointment as I was not riding hard or on difficult terrain

[May 07, 2015]
Dozer

OVERALL
Strength:

Really enjoyed this bike when it worked.

No customer service.

Bought the bike from the local bike shop. Nuvinci hub failed with less than 20 miles on it. Took it back to the local bike shop the put a new rim and hub on it. This one lasted for another 37 miles. Bike store basically blew me off. At one point telling me it's not a mountain bike. It's a "snow bike" ?????? Then I exceded the weight limit 250 lbs and I'm 260 lbs. Now if this happened at a year or so after I got it I would say ok but 57 miles and two hubs on pretty mild to medium trails only averaging 5 mph (I'm old). I then tried to email ( they have no customer service phone number) Origin8 they emailed me back one time and then nothing for almost 2 months. Getting ready to take the bike store to small claims court. I would stick with one of the majors with proven technology. That is what I plan to do if I ever get my money back.

[Sep 17, 2014]
West

OVERALL
Strength:

The NuVinci hub is amazing and allows not only for extremely smooth change in gear ratio, but also allows you to quickly change that ratio without any delay or pedaling that is normally associated with shifting gears. I like the frame geometry, and like the idea of the cable-actuated disk brakes, although the brakes are not as powerful as I would like for a bike this heavy. The tires are huge and absorb bumps easily at lower pressures, although the lower the pressure is the less maneuverable it is. It's an extremely good value for a nice fat tire - I bought mine for $1200.

It feels heavy - no bunny hops on this bike - and the brakes aren't as powerful as you would expect.

I really like this bike. It feels good to ride, and the shifter is just flat amazing. If it were a little lighter, and the brakes a little more powerful, it would be perfect.