Motobecane Boris Fat Bikes

• Frame: Alloy 6061 Frame, w/Disc Mount Only, TIG Weld, replaceable rear derailleur hanger, H2O bosses
  • Fork: 26" 25.4x28.6x30x250L Straight blade CRMO 1 1/8 w/Disc Mount Only
  • Crankset: SRAM X5 22T Alloy BKx36T Alloy BKx175MM
  • Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP100 100x1.37
  • Pedals: VP-530 Alloy Black w/CPSC Reflector

[Aug 27, 2018]
CharlieBlues

OVERALL
Strength:

Gotta keep in mind there are several "BORIS" bikes from MotoB (aka Bikes Direct). I have the middle one - the X7, and it has decent components, but not great. The LASCO crank was mis-assembled with a spacer that caused failure of the left bearing (fell out of the cup). Lots of trial and error and some really NASTY red Loktite from an aerospace shop and that bearing is back in the cup forever. The stock BB5 brakes worked, but... I'm not tiny so I went with larger rotors and BB7 brakes. Everyone changes the seat and handlebars, so they're never an issue. Also changed the pedals and brake levers/cables when the brakes got fit.

Weak areas... just the LASCO crank, which really is a decent crank if its put together right. Once I got mine together correctly, minus the extra spacers, and got the bearing to stay in the cup, its been smooth, noise free, trouble free. I only mention the crank, because that was "dead in the water" item. Other different/upgrade components were more personal choice than "gotta do this" items.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2015
[Dec 06, 2015]
cman8
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Build, specs, affordability,

stock tires and rims.

This is a great bike to get started into the Fatbiking revolution. Im not hardcore and only ride the fatbike in the winters, but man is it fun to ride. it makes winter more bearable with not being able to MTB. I love this bike and would buy another. It comes in various specs and you can upgrade any which one at any time, but you can get riding right off the bat with decent X7 components. As others have stated definitely replace the tires right away. the V8s are atrocious and very unrideable. And later down the line also the rims. I now have the perfect fatbike with great components Surly nates and mulefut wheels. Its a dream to ride.

[Dec 24, 2014]
E.T.^R
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable and one important thing for me being 6`5' it comes in XL

stock tiers on X7 (VEE 8 72TPI) are barely rideable in my opinion

I gave this bike four flaming chilies simply because every time i ride it i cant wipe a silly grin of face.
My bike came with some minor imperfections that were easily corrected
- derailleur cable was routed on the wrong side of the head tube
- front brake mount was not faced making it impossible to eliminate rub
- VEE 8 tiers are horrible self stear pore traction you name it, i was going to change them anyways but I'm a bit bumed because i don't think ill be able to use them in the summer ether.
Now six rides in I'm really happy with the bike and i would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a budget friendly Fat Bike. My Boris X7 came in at $1200can with shipping and taxes ( i head a friend ship it to me from the US)