Mongoose Vinson Fat Bikes

Equipped with a responsive aluminum frame and 26 x 4” oversized tires, the Vinson delivers smooth, efficient ride whether you're on sand or snow. Features 24-speed Sram X4/Shimano Alivio drivetrain and mechanical disc brakes with 160mm rotors for confident braking.

[Nov 15, 2019]
rawbobb

OVERALL
Strength:

I stole two of them from Sports Authority for $1000 when they went out of business. I can't speak for the new model, but the model i have (white) is actually "bike shop weight" about 32 lbs. i love it. if you can find one of these, it's well worth it.

Sram front derailleur doesn't have a bottom stop screw. but maybe that's not the case any more.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Feb 11, 2016]
thunder

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive, light weight, good gearing, good fit and finish. Huge bang for the buck especially if you find a deal like I did $320 during black friday!

Not many. The stock risers is crazy long but you change that anyway.

Ok, I had the Dolomite which I loved. Even more after I plastidipped the red wheels. Just wasn't riding it that much and didn't ever do the gear change. Enter this bike this thanksgiving. Man what a bike. The gearing has been perfect! The bike is as light as my SC heckler. I hate it on the road but love it on the dirt. Its a little bit of a harsh ride but I think thats the fact that its a rigid bike and I'm not used to that. I flat out dominate the snow and mud on this thing. Places my other bike wouldn't touch. Still not an everyday trail ride bike for me but fun every once in a while. Plus now I have an extra bike for my buddies without bikes to ride if we go out. Amazing bang for the buck her guys. This is a bike store quality bike! Nothing to high end component wise but gets the job done for me. I feel like I ripped off sports authority at the price I got her.

Dolomite

[Feb 04, 2015]
JK

OVERALL
Strength:

Light alloy frame and fork. big name brand earth mover tires. good entry level components.the price msrp is 799.00 at some sporting goods stores like mc sports , but at mongoose direct and other sporting goods stores the retail price is 599.00.if you shop around it can be had for around 500.00 easy. I got mine for 490.00 total.this bike is not a department store boat anchor.

The vinson is available in only one size frame a medium or about 18 inches.the stem will be too long for most riders.the brake levers are the cheapest component on the bike.

For the money this overlooked sleeper of a fat bike is the best bang for the buck out there.you get a light alloy frame and fork and good entry level components.with some upgrades that wont break the bank like a shorter stem, better saddle and better brake levers this bike will be more than ready for lots of fun.if your going to ride in some serious snow you will want to get better tires with more bite and grip.to sum up I have had a lot of care free fun on the mongoose vinson for so little money !

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.