Lynskey Performance Designs Fatskey Fat Bikes

• Tapered/Integrated style head tube to allow for tapered steerer fork
  • Oversized and Helix'd 3/2.5 Titanium beefy tubeset
  • Massive 4" rear tire clearance
  • Slider dropouts which can accommodate standard QR skewer or new 12x170 thru axle
  • 100mm threaded BB

[Nov 05, 2019]
Michaelnelson

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight my frame is a small 2.9lbs. I have 1,208 miles on this Fatskey as of this write up. Very comfortable I'm currently running 4.8" Maxxis Minion tires mounted on Industry 9 Big Rig Alloys. I have done 3 distance rides each ride was 55 miles. The last one was a race and the bike was comfortable for 8 hours in the saddle. and handled well. I have 4 piston Magura Brakes, rotors on the front 203mm and the rear 180mm. I had to go with a Surley bottom bracket as RaceFace or SRAM WOULD NOT FIT. The chain stay and seat stay doesn't clog up when riding in muddy conditions. Not many of these out there in fact it usually draws a crowd, which I'm happy to answer questions and share info.

Once the tires go on the weight savings of everything else goes away (hey it's a Fat Bike). I don't know if it's me or I specked something wrong but lately last 4 rides I would say my 175MM crank arms (RaceFace Affect) seem to be catching roots and rocks. I have been riding 30 years this has never been an issue having about 4 bikes not counting this one riding cross country off road. Last wreck was pretty bad leaning into a turn left crank arm at 6 O' clock. Perhaps it's me and I have developed a bad habit..... If your the discreet type and don't like allot of questions this bike sticks out like a sore thumb. Everywhere I ride people notice ask questions take pictures I guess this is what it's like to own and exotic car lol.

Price Paid:
2000.00
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.