Fatback Corvus Fat Bikes

The Corvus carbon bike utilizes the strength of a unidirectional carbon fiber layup, with a monocoque front triangle and bonded chainstays and seatstays. With its integrated rack mounts and maximized storage capacity in the front triangle, riders can carry a wide range of gear while taking advantage of the lighter and stiffer frame that carbon fiber offers.

[Mar 18, 2015]
sean salach
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, responsive geometry, compatible with all current tire sizes, rack mounts, lot's of room for a frame bag, thru-axle, looks, price(compared to other carbon frames in it's category)

Limited singlespeed options. Understandable, as the ss carbon fatbike market is miniscule. Pretty much limited to a handful of possible combos with a bb mounted tensioner.

I ride trails, race and occasionally commute on this bike. My '09 Fatback was used for multiple winter ultras, lot's of fun, twisty singletrack and beach riding. I find the new Corvus to handle more quickly than my old Fatback in tight, twisty singletrack and on soft trail. The drop in weight is hugely noticeable, and combined with what I percieve to be the increased stiffness, I've been able to drop 3 teeth out back over my normal winter ss setup on the same trails. If you have any interest in going fast in all winter conditions, this is an ideal bike for the job.

I'm 6'3" with a 35.5" inseam and long arms. I ride a size 20" Corvus with 175mm cranks and a 100mm stem and it fits great. My bb center to saddle measurement is 31.5". I am nowhere near the minimum insertion line on a 350mm seatpost. So, don't fear the sizing if you're tall.