HED BFD Fat Bike Wheels

Like the Big Deal, the BFD utilizes Inflatobam, Hed’s patent pending tubeless system for installing big tires. The twin channel rim design provides a better pre-inflation seal by trapping each tire bead against the rim. This drastically reduces the amount of air it takes to get the beads to “bam” into place. In conjunction with the rim shape, Inflatobam utilizes Inflatobands. These effectively provide a variable rim-channel diameter. This compensates for the discrepancies in tire bead diameters by minimizing the gap between the tire and the rim channels (the main source of air leaks). Once seated, the angled bead shelf prevents the tire from collapsing back into the rim at low pressure. Interior surfacing and tight tolerances ensure no tire burp or slip. Also note that rim shape does not require tire levers to remove and install tires.

[Nov 11, 2016]
SeedyKay

OVERALL
Strength:

They're light. That's it.

Exactly!!! They are weak. I bought mine from I-9 with hubs and spokes for $2400 and, when I cracked the rear rim, I-9 said, "those rims are NOT trail rated." Wait, what? Mountain bike rims are NOT trail rated? I-9 deferred to HED for warranty. HED said the crack is from an "impact" (um, DUH!!! I was mountain biking) and asked for $285 for a crash replacement. I did not crash and I did not ride on low pressure. I'm 50+; not a jumper or into drops... Three months of run around since the "impact."

Don't waste your $$$$. TOTAL RIP OFF!!! They are tripping over dollars to pick up nickels. Crap product. Crap experience. Crap service. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.