HAIBIKE SDURO FullSeven LT 4.0 Electric Bike

The ultra-versatile 150mm travel 2018 FullSeven LT (Long Travel) models which give you the ability to safely and comfortably tackle more terrain than ever. The SDURO FullSeven LT 4.0 features a hydroformed aluminum frame with modern trail bike geometry. Power assist is provided by a Yamaha PW-SE System, 500W motor fed by a Yamaha Lithium Ion, 400Wh battery. Comes equipped with SR Suntour Aion LO-R Lockout 150mm fork, SR Suntour Duair LO-R8 80% Lockout 150mm shock, Sram NX, 11-speed shifting system, Alexrims MD21 27.5" wheelset shod with Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25" tires and Tektro M285 brakes.

[Nov 12, 2018]
hikerdave

OVERALL
Strength:

Good design and cable routing with decent components that work well. Motor has no problem keeping bike at 19.5 mph when commuting with a bit of effort from the rider. Rear shock is very good with just the right amount of compression damping for my 200 lbs. Front shock is compliant and fairly well tuned, except a little too much compression damping. Buy Suntour’s 27mm flat socket and throw away both volume spacers to get full travel on the front fork.

Geared just a bit high for trail usage. Lag in the motor controller means poor modulation of torque when climbing a steepish 15 percent uneven grade; overcome by climbing in standard assist level when steep and rocky. No clutch in the motor gives high effort to accelerate when assist is turned off. I don’t mean to suggest that the bike is bad; it’s very user friendly but could be improved.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Apr 19, 2018]
Kurt68

OVERALL
Strength:

I am 50 years old, road cycled for years but have not been on a bike of any sort in about 10 years. I am 6' tall weigh 230 pounds and recently moved to Germany for work for at least a year...I decided to try and go car-less and brought my old training road bike (Steel frame, shimano ultegra large geared) and found quickly that I was just not in any sort of shape to commute 20 miles round trip on it. There is a path to work that follows the Rhine so decided to go with an eMTB, I normally like to buy the best of the best however did not want to spend the kind of money it would take to get the best eMTB and after much thought went with the SDuro FullSeven LT 4.0 mostly because it has the mid level groupo. The Yamaha SW-SE engine and 400W battery enable me to take it easier on the trip to work reducing the amount of sweat. You can definitely tell a difference between when using ECO-STD-or High level of assist and easily travel at 14mph without excessive effort on the flats. The assistance up hill is great. Round trip to work and back uses about half the batter for the 21 miles. The strengths for me were the mid level groupo, a brand name that seems to be good, and on the rides I have taken it a sound machine. I have gone on two mountain rides, and was very pleased with the ability to climb with or without electronic assistance and the decents were fun. I am not an experienced MTB rider so as far as the handling on the single track sections I traveled I have no other bike to compare it with.

The weight of the bike...going from my old Colnago C50/Campy record setup to this monster is a bit of a large difference. The groupo is my first SRam NX system, and though middle of the range. I am disappointed in the shifting, at times cannot get it to change a single gear it will jump a couple. Say downshifting hit lever once and it does nothing hit it again and it shifts two gears down. I wish I had spent a bit more and gotten into the 5.0 or 6.0 models at least.

Price Paid:
3000 euro
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.