Sette Venom Downhill Full Suspension

• Shock Length (eye-to-eye): 8.75"/ 22.2cm

[Aug 21, 2012]
nick seyler

OVERALL
Strength:

strong frame solid good strong welds no puddles , really awesome set up with the rear shock easy to get at the compression adjust rebound unlike other frames .

none. the color is a little fugly i repainted mine its still loos the same but black love it.

I ride alot whether its highland park in NH or just bombing around town. I have alot of miles and abuse with it for about 3 years now and theres no problems at all no cracks or problems with the rockshox vivid awsome frame , the frame i belive weighs 12 pounds so depending on how you build it you can ring it in a lot lighter mine weighs 37pounds fully built and it rocks. see you on the trails , THANKS PRICE POINT.

[Jan 01, 2012]
Carloisawsome

OVERALL
Strength:

Can't go wrong with a single pivot,the vivid,how beefy the frame is,and pretty bomb proof

Could use a 1.5 headset,an angle set would be neat to slap on considering the HA.a bit heavy,and takes some getting used to because of the geometry.

Bottom line,for how cheap it is and what u get for the price,the bikes pretty sick,ofcourse it can never be anything like a v10 or my old dhr,but with enough love and dialing,the bike can be a pretty decent dh bike.

Sc bullit (02,05), Cannondale Gemini dh,turner dhr(2006),giant team dh,iron horse sgs dh,and a khs dh 100 lol.

[Nov 05, 2011]
jmallory

OVERALL
Strength:

Great DH introductory bike, pedals decent

Heavy

This is a great bike, especially for the price, to introduce yourself to downhill riding. I put a front derailleur on it and with the steeper HA, I was able to pedal up everything I wanted (it sucked and it was slow, but its doable). The bike is a little heavy, but that was good while going through rough rockgardens. It doesn't accelerate all that well, so if you're riding a lot of ups and downs, it may feel sluggish. But for $300 its a great bargain. I actually preferred the RS Vivid 5.1 over my Fox DHX 5.0 coil.

[Dec 26, 2010]
RSabarese

OVERALL
Strength:

I'm very impressed with this frame. Very strong and stiff rear. The Vivid is fantastic.

Other than the shock setup for a 160lb person, requiring a firmer spring, nothing

This frame is great. I'm thrilled with its performance and the build of my bike. I've only used it at Diablo in NJ so far, however may take it to verticle earth on PA this year. It is a heavy, strong, stiff bike. The proce was excellent, no wonder they are all but gone...

I have many trail bikes, but this is my first dh/fr bike.

[Sep 05, 2010]
CJS

OVERALL
Strength:

Big Burly solid frame.

Ugly color

For 300 bucks! Are you kidding me, you have to be a fool to pass it up. solid bike design. You can't buy the rockshox Vivid for that price. I bought it just to have a spare frame around but built it up once I saw it. You have to expect to spend over 1000 bucks for an equal frame.

KHS AM 2000, K2 Tirade, Haro Extreme 6

[Jul 21, 2010]
Bog Dogs

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, stiffness and excellent rear shock. As a newbie to Downhill I have crashed my way through the learning process on this frame. This solid beast hardly has a scratch on it. In addition, due to stabilizers it is ultra stiff and has allowed me to achieve sprints up to 30mph. Plus, the shock (RockShox Vivid 5.1) is one of the best on the market and has easily handled every hit I've taken.

It is a little heavy. The bottom bracket had to be re-threaded for a proper fit.

Ever since I started riding mountain bikes I wanted to downhill but never had the money. The Sette Venom was the most inexpensive DH frame I could find. I took apart my XC bike and used many components plus some used ones to help build up this frame for Downhill. After two months of intense practice (mostly at Highland MTB Park), I raced the Venom at Pat's Peak MTB Festival. It performed better than expected, earning me a gold medal. This is the perfect bike for a newbie who is low on cash.

Trek Scratch

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.