Giant STP DJ/MtnX

• WTB Dual Duty FR rim/Formula Disc hub wheelset

[Jul 16, 2012]
Boulder Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Geometry, light, strong, fast, forgiving, price

A little flexy

My STP dj/4x/DS/street/xc/everything bike is totally custom. I started with just the frame. I think its an 06, paid 120 used for it. No vbrake tabs, just disc. I stripped off all the paint, was gonna paint it baby blue, but it looked so good bare aluminum i just left it bare. I built it up with nice parts, it weighs a bit less than 26lbs. I built it for DJ park, but now i ride it everywhere. its a 1x9 setup, but its fast enough I can keep up with my friends on whatever they ride as long as I raise the seatpost. I fly downhill, smoke singletrack, whip off the dirt jumps, cruise to the cafe. whatever. sick bike, im happy. I love the geometry of this bike, amazing how well it rails into the corners, probably due to the low bottom bracket height. Manuals easier than any other bike I have, due to short chain stay length. Im pretty sure I could drop 3 or 4 more pounds off the bike if I wanted/had the cash flow. This review might not help if you find a complete stock bike, but if you are looking at the frame I couldnt say enough about it. For an aluminum Street/Dirt/Park bike, its pretty damn good.

[Dec 27, 2010]
jamesjoynt

OVERALL
Strength:

light strong cheap just basically everything.

derailer

buy it

09 stp

[Aug 05, 2008]
Justin B
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent Bike!!! Very light, low nut clearance lol.

none thus far

EXCELLENT BIKE. Love it, i kick the s*it out of my friends, they all ride scotts.

I upgraded from the STP3

[Jun 19, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

strong, pritty light, dj1 is a good fork, flickable, good geo, good wheels, i really dont no what to say it is just a great bike

breaks wernt really a weakness but they wernt a strength eather

the rear derailer cood be better and to me the box guide sucked

not really any major weakness

one of the best bikes you can buy for the money

great for a beginer a intermedit rider or a expert

and pritty good componets and no major weaknesses

tuns of bmx bikes
se racing

[Feb 07, 2008]
Alex Lajeunesse

OVERALL
Strength:

Great new frame design, comfortable, roomy, strong, unbeatable value

Small stock bars, STP SS comes with DJ3 and it isn't amazing

Great bike for the price. I did a lot of research on this style of bike before purchasing one and this came out to be the most bang for the buck. I got a custom build SS, built up with an 8 speed system because the MS STP's took too long to ship from Giant and I was impatient. The SS comes with a fairly weak fork, but for the price it can't be beat. I have the stock SS MX4's though, and these work very well for cheap mechanical brakes. The soles may be better... not sure. Bottom line, getting started? Buy this bike.

Sinister Ridge, Specialized P.2, P.1, Old STP

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.