Giant Brass 2 DJ/MtnX

• Alloy rim/Formula disc 36 hole hub wheelset

[Aug 29, 2011]
PeytonP

OVERALL
Strength:

Rock solid frame. Brakes have worked well. Looks great- loads of frame and style compliments from more experienced riders (shocking, I know!)

Crankset (warped after several months).
Heavy hardtail makes some climbing difficult (but, hey, it's a DJ bike!)

Perfect bike for beginners to big DJ/urban hitters. If you can't afford the Giant STP ( which should be your first choice), this bike will work just fine.

Coming out of BMX, I bought this bike because the frame geometry was familiar and it had front suspension and a few extra gears than what I was used to. I've ridden everything from more technical singletrack to heavy street riding with 8 ft. flat bottom drops.

I'm over 200 lbs and this bike has taken everything I've thrown at it, and I ride very hard. It's taken huge drops and bigger bails with only a few minor paint scratches. The crankset warped, but I attribute that to my size (6'3", 210lbs.)

My riding style has changed as I've fallen in love with mountain biking and my interests have changed from street influenced riding to AM/FR.

I'll keep this bike as long as possible, though, and upgrade as necessary, for the days I want to ride DJ and street.

[Dec 11, 2010]
grime

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks sharp, good geometry, super low rolling resistance, Nice frame.n The price was sure nice for the gruppo you get.

The Forks. The stock RST Launch forks are "ok", they work reasonably well, and DO have adjustable preload but would like to have adjustable dampimg. Unfortunately they have to go cheap somewhere to get to this low price point.

Shifts like a dream, rolls like a dream, This is the BMX for adults I've been dreaming of. With a little careful dialing in the gears work flawlessly and the brakes hit (almost) as hard as a good set of hydraulics. I LOVE the frame geometry and the gear ratios are just about optimum for my riding style. I do a lot of downhill in the cement jungle, jumping off walls, loading docks, bunnyhopping curbs etc., and the bike lets me ride waaay over my head. Note that I am 49 yrs old and over 200#. This is way outside of the bike's intended design use, but it never lets me down. Forks are a bit low buck, but not so bat that they have to go right away. This was by far the best bang for the buck in THIS town.

Norco 125, GT Chucker 2.0, Marin Alcatraz

[Nov 30, 2010]
bennyhosk

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong frame, looks good, fairly light

needs to be serviced regularly

Great bike for a beginner, great for jumping, cheap.

[Sep 26, 2010]
XxBRASSxX
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

very well built, good frame holds up nicly,perfect hight for jumps nice look very strong bike

needs adjusting allot like every 2 months or so but its regular with these bike considering that they are dirt jumping bikes

this bike is worth the money spent it is well built and very strong good for all round travel and jumps. is a very good fit for all riders and tires are good for trails and grips. VERY GOOD BIKE!!!!!

norco rival

[Aug 22, 2010]
jd4x426

OVERALL
Strength:

frame is built well good price all aorund good bike for the price

the fork is somewhat to be desired but its still holding up just generally cheaper components but to expected at this price point

for the price its a decent bike i beat the crap out mine and nothing broke yet blew apart a tire but thats it for someone just getting into mountain biking its a decent choice

na

[Jul 04, 2009]
spskark7
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

realy strong frame
can be upgrade at future
great looking

you have to spend around 600$ for make it good
and its heavy until you upgrade it with lightest parts

great bike realy strong i am doing downhill with this
and i have make it better than kona cowan
i am telling u to buy it its great but you have to change
handlebars (put truvatuv world cup)
chain ccuild (put truvativ box guild)
and fork (put rock shoc agryle 318)
-----------
this bike is cheap because have parts that suck if you change it you have a bike that can dirt and soft downhill

kona scrap
ideal jump up
giant brass 1
giant stp

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.