Specialized 01 Expedition Elite Hardtail Bike

Ergonomically designed Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum frame, Spinner suspension fork, Shimano Deore rear derailleur, Specialized Body Geometry handlebar and grips.

[Jan 31, 2019]
joeyboyforu

OVERALL
Strength:

Had this bike since new for it's year made components are amazing has Shimano deore rims and hubs IAM a heavy guy and it holds me I have biked from Michigan to NY and back numerous times. Only thing I would reccommended upgrading it better brake arms and cables other then that it is a amazing bike

Brakes suck don't last long

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2002
[Jul 25, 2001]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

It's very comfortable and fast - it also handles the occasional high-speed-grass-pass on crowded trails well. It's perfect for street/city riding.

The rubber comes off the pedals, and the seat post is very sticky.

I love this bike. After ditching the stock seat post and installing a Thudbuster, all back pain soon went away. I'm planning on buying new pedals in the very near future, which should be all I need to make it a perfect bike. If you are a street/city rider or commuter, I would recommend this bike.

[Jun 21, 2001]
Ken

OVERALL
Strength:

component shifting; frame geometry; reputable company

pedals: block type. I had them changed to toe clips. Suspension seatpost: sticks badly and can be felt. Changed it to my favorite susp seatpost. The tires equipped on the bike are OK, but tend to loose traction, especially if near the max inflation rate. Lower the front tire air pressure and regain some of the bite. I had max chain stretch after 300 miles of riding on dirt/sand/gravel road surface in spite of cleaning after each use.

This bike isn't for "thrashing" on trails. What it is for is unpaved surfaces where cross or road bikes can't go. Therefore, this rating takes into account the type of riding the bike is billed for and the actual riding it receives. The bike is fast, stable and can handle a dirt, sand & gravel mix as a road surface. The front shock will do well, remembering it is not made for "jumps". The bike climbs uphill easily without losing front wheel - ground contact. Brakes are solid. This bike is exactly what it is billed for: excursions into the more rugged country roads that aren't paved. Use it like its intended, and it's a dream. For hard trails where I have to fit by body and bike between two trees, or when my butt is worried about the landing, select another bike.

[Jun 20, 2001]
jake

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap,Fast,Versatile for type of bike

shock,grips,pedals,'comfort'

This bike is not for real riders, I dont really recomend it to anyone who is a real cycle enthusiast. Mine is falling apart after about a year of hard riding. If u want a real bike deffinitly do not go for this one.

[Dec 07, 2002]
Scoot

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent Specialized quality overall: components, frame, rims,tires. Bike is versatile: great for pavement, light off-road. Bike handles well due to quality geometry. It is a MTB, but offers a more upright seating position due to the adjustable stem. Has pannier rack eyelets. Fast, efficient, comfortable, fun. Did I say FUN? Purty too!

Shock could be a little beefier. Suspension seatpost is not the best around. Platform pedals: at least offer rat-traps on this bike as stock.

I am a roadie, but I wanted a bike to use just for general everyday and one that was versatile for pavement and a little rougher surface riding. One that I could ride swiftly on the road and yet venture off into the woods. I liked this bike. I liked the set-up, geometry, components, overall aesthetic effect, the ride. It was just too good to pass up and as you can see I got it on rock-bottem clearance. Originally it was listed as $575 by Specialized. I think this bike could be used as a hybrid: slicks, upright positioning, for fast riding or commuting. It could also serve as a mountain bike: knobbys, tougher front shock, non-adjustable stem. The frame is primo and will serve well in either situation. This is the top-of-the-line Expedition and it's MINE! Love it! Get this bike if you want a "go anywhere, do anything" ride that looks cool too!