Orange 1999 E4 Hardtail Bike

Orange E4

[Aug 08, 2008]
MB

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, quick, good up hills.

Unable to take a rear disc brake.

A lightweight MTB that is smooth to ride (used mainly for commuting) and because of it's light weight, requires little effort to get up hills. Just a shame that a rear disc brake can't be fitted, but not a major problem.
Nice to see that us British can still make excellent bikes.

Marin Palisades.

[Sep 13, 2007]
Chris Jones

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff, quick and responsive. It's British and it works!!

Showing it's age a bit now.....you can't fit disks, but who needs to stop in the wet anyway??

I've had this bike since 1999 and haven't felt the need to change it yet! She still performs like the high end race bike she is and I've not found a hardtail yet that I'd swap her for. Mind you I'm getting older now and something a little more plush is getting more tempting, maybe an Orange 5 with disks??..........I'd still keep the old girl for when I felt the need for speed though.

GT Zaskar LE, Orange Clockwork (or should that be Clockwork Orange??) Marin.

[Oct 31, 2000]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Light & comfortable (for a hardtail)
Stood up to a weeks downhilling in Morzine!!!

Seem to get a fair amount of chainsuck even with new rings.

I can't fault it as a hardtail & it's British!!!

Various GT's, Treks, Specialized, Univega & Evo2

[Sep 06, 1999]
bob
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL

Why can't I find any reviews for ANY orange bikes on this site ? In the UK mags Orange bikes get great reviews, although I just bought a Kona Kula I would have liked to get reviews on other makes. COME ON guys someone must ride ORANGE !

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.