Litespeed 2000 Pisgah Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Sid SL, 3.15" travel fork

[Oct 13, 2019]
jmkotowski

OVERALL
Strength:

Had the bike since 2000, 19 yrs, no problems. Been through a lot of trails and abuse and never had an issue.

Only complaint is that the Litespeed insignia on the stem fell off somewhere. looking to find a replacement.

[Jul 02, 2002]
Kurtis Roberts

OVERALL
Strength:

A solid frame with great responsiveness. After riding a soft tail for a year this bike has excellent acceleration and knows what to do before I do.

You get what you pay for.

I love this bike. It is a much smoother ride than my old klein and more responsive than the sugar. As with all bikes it has taken some time to fine tune the component selection. This is a great cross country bike. I actually prefer it on moderate downhills because of its responsiveness and predictability. I do a lot of winter riding and the components are taking abuse but I know the frame will last me a lifetime. Even though it's expensive you get what you pay for.

Klein Attitude comp, Sugar II, Fischer Paragon

[Jul 02, 2002]
PA MTNBKR

OVERALL
Strength:

STRONG, SUPPLE, CLIMBING, HANDLING

NONE

WANNA GLIDE,FLOAT, FLY? GO TI!! THIS MACHINE HAS THE STIFFNESS,LIGHTNESS TO CLIMB LIKE A PRICKED PRONGHORN AND YET SMOOTHS THE RIDE AS ONLY TI CAN. I RUN A 2.1/1.8 TIRE
COMBINATION WITH THE RIGID FORK AND IT HANDLES MY ROAD RIDES TO THE OFFROAD RIDES WITH EQUAL COMFORT AND FINESSE. AT 23
LBS IT FLIES ON OPEN ROAD/TRAIL AND CAN WORM IT'S WAY THROUGH TWISTY SINGLETRACK UNLIKE ANY OTHER I'VE RIDDEN. AND
EVEN WITH RIGID FORK AND NARROW TIRES IT DOWNHILLS WITH
APLOMB. A BIT SLOWER THAN FULL SUSPENSION, BUT DOES ALL
RIDING STYLES WITH 92.8% EFFICENCY OF A SPECIALTY DESIGN. AND LESS MAINTAINENCE TOO! THIS BIKE SETUP IS VERY RETRO, BUT THE FRAME CAN BE SET UP BEST AS A SINGLETRACK CLIMBER AND WILL SERIOUSLY RACE CROSS-COUNTRY WITH ADDING THE 3LB
SUSPENSION FORK. AND THE 3/2.5 TI HAS THE BEST FORGIVNESS OVER STEEL AND 6/4 ON THE ROUGH STUFF TOO.

METAL MATRIX, ALUMINUM, STEEL

[Mar 15, 2001]
Nabil Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

It's a Ti frame very strong yet it is so comfortable.

None yet

I never understood the saying "rode like butter" until I rode this bike. The Ti frame is so smooth it absorbs the little bumps extremely well. I love this bike and it was worth every cent. It rides great and looks totally awesome. If you have the money go for it!

Trek 7000 and Trek 8500 aluminum

[Feb 28, 2001]
Sean

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, nimble, great climber

None so far

This bike is simply amazing. It's light and handles varied terrain amazingly well. ...And climbing, oh how it climbs, there's nothing like it... I got a great deal by purchasing this bike at Excel Sports (www.excelsports.com). It's the same frame as the Pisgah but labeled as a Macalu. For the $$, you can't go wrong with this bike!

Specialized Stumpjumper

[Nov 14, 2000]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff - at least for me it is, I weigh 150 lbs.
Looks - shaped tubes, curved stays, and satin finsh makes this thing a thing of beauty.
Price - Almost the cheapest Ti frame you can buy
Weight - 14" weighs only 3.3 lbs.
Fast - stomp on the pedals and this thing just accelerates
Size - Short Top Tube fits me well

Not as chi chi as Merlin, Seven, or other higher end Litespeeds.

I must say I have no complaints. Then again I have not ridden other Ti bikes to compare, but I cannot see a ride being much better than this even though this is Litespeed's lowest model.

This is my first and last Ti Mtn. bike.

[Sep 28, 2000]
Gary

OVERALL
Strength:

Bomb proof, it is a litespeed come on. Rides much better than my one year old trek 6500. This was a tricked out Trek with crossmaxes and all but the Ti rides like butter and is so much more forgiving and stable than the Al. Second lightest frame to the Tanasi.

Forget mail order and buy from a shop the amount of money you save will me more than made up in customer service and knowledge of product. Ti rides like butter and will be the only thing besides steel that i will ride on from now on. The new cable guides run under the top tube which is another plus. Get out and ride even if all you have is a Huffy it is better to be riding than to be thinking about it. Take care of yourself and rememeber that Fitness is the key to longevity. Prajna.

[Aug 31, 2000]
Glen Murphy

OVERALL
Strength:

Litespeed - definately the Jedi masters of Ti.
For all you old timers - rides like steel without the weight !
Beautiful dampening without the flexiness of your cheaper Ti
Stable geometry for downhill runs
Gotta love the satin stainless steel look !

Freakin cables keep creakin n squeaking ! (but that's it)

I've waited nearly ten years to get a bike like this. Even for those of you that realise that a great bike is only one aspect of a great ride you will love this steed.

Those of you into log jumping / bunny hopping will also apprieciate the lightness combined with oh so lovely dampening !

I basicaly weigh nothing (54kg) so the Pisgah is perfect for me but heavier riders should consider the Toccoa, which I reckon overall is the best value for money.

Beautiful finish, excellent design, superior workmanship......what more can you say, I'm still grinning !

'94 Marin Muirwoods
Reynolds custom British Eagle

[Aug 08, 2000]
Ken Young

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong and warm. very clean welding

strange cable routing

very nice bike, very clean welding. light and strong.
with a nice wheelset, it is very cool. strange
cable routing. always holding a portion of a cable when
I carry it. cables on top tuble, seat stay and seat tube.
it is the lowest in litespeed mountain series, but it is
very compatitive in terms of value and weight. Ti is
strong already, I doubt it is need to have a massive
down tube, like some higher end modles. save the money on
extra fancy shapes, we get Pisgah

specialized stumpjumper

[Jun 04, 2000]
Rick Orton

OVERALL
Strength:

Good warranty / fine craftmanship . good handling on tight
trails,very responsive .

the litespeed stickers will have to be replaced in about 6 mo. my knees have hit the cable guides on the top tube .
(ouch)

to date this is the best handling bike i have owned .
this bike builds confidence in your riding ability .
I would recommend this bike to any one that is looking for a serious ride , at $ 3000. its cheap compared to merlin and moots .

cannondale and klein

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.