Kona 2000 Chute Hardtail Bike

mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Marzocchi Bomber Z-3 QR 20 fork

[Sep 09, 2001]
Less Than Jake

OVERALL
Strength:

This is the strongest frame ever and looks wicked in black.

Absoulutly nout

I'm only reviewing the frame because I built the rest myself but the bottom line is it rules

Kona roast, GT Rukus, Kona Scab, ATX 1, Orange patriot

[Sep 28, 2001]
Blender

OVERALL
Strength:

strong frame, stong frame, strong frame oh yeah did I metion strong frame

I didn't find any weakness yet!!!
but if you find weight a problem that is the weakness
but not for me Weight is not a problem for me!!!

Tuff Frame, bought this in a frame great for Dirt Jumping & freeriding and Downhill too. If you want a Light frame "don't buy this"

DMR Trail star
Kona Roast
Norco 125cc & 250cc
Kona Stuff
GT Ruckus
oh yes and my old bike Trek 6500
BMX bikes like my GT performer

[May 01, 2001]
lambdabiker

OVERALL
Strength:

everything// glow in the dark stickers !!!!

weak kona hubs //

this bike was given to me by kona as a replacement for my
roast which was warrantied because of their bad hubs which caused my tioga tire to rub on the frame, cutting into the
frame.. so i recieved the last chute they had in the warehouse since they stopped making the roast
so u can say i made out like a fat rat
biootch

roast(previously owned)

[Mar 30, 2001]
Vampyre

OVERALL
Strength:

Really strong considering I weigh 200lbs

odd sized seatpost(30.0) Hard to find!!

This is a great bike for beginner to advanced riders!!!
I highly recommend this bike and if you ride on the "shore", the Chute is probably the only bike that can take the abuse. Those of you who are thinking of buying a new hardtail, go for the chute, you can't go wrong.

brodie big shot, specialized P3, rocky mountain slayer

[Nov 10, 2000]
Marko Plese

OVERALL
Strength:

The Chute frame is incredibly stiff compared to my old frame, and since i ride size S (15'') it's also very maneuverable. Handles great in fast and tight curves. It looks great small like this.

I always wanted a bike that could do it all, and it looks like I finnaly found it. You can climb the hill, it's not easy since the bike is around 13 kilos and you have flat pedals, but it's double depending on condition. When you get to the top, you just point the bike downhill and enjoy. Bike is also jumping great since it was made for that. Despite the weight I can also do some trial stuff. Definitly the best bike I ever rode. Buy it!

KHS Alite 3000, Easton Elan tubes and KHS Comp Cromoly

[Jul 15, 2000]
Bruno Stappers

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is handling very well as a dualbike, but it's still good enough for long cross-country climbs.

Not found yet.

The best overall bike I have ever ridden !

I tried the gt-zaskar

[Jun 16, 2000]
Tristan

OVERALL
Strength:

-Bombprooof
-Hardtail

-Weight
-Hardtail

I raced the bike to a second place in a downhill, then won a trials comp the next weekend.

This bike lets you do anything: dirt jump, huge drops, urban riding, trials, singletrack, you name it. It may not be as fast as a full suspension on some stuff, but my one bike does what my buddies need two or three bikes for.

I've been trying to break the damn thing for 6 months now, but 1 set of cranks, two bottom brackets, and a rear wheel later the frame is still mint.

If you are looking for ONE bike to do it all, I would STRONGLY recomend this bike.

Marin Quake, many XC hardtails

[Mar 11, 2003]
Janne

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough as hell. Great geometry. I can use it for ht-downhill, xc or anything between.

None!

Great freeride hardtail frame but works for everything.

Norco 250, Avanti Hot Dog, Le toy III, DMR trailstar & sidekick etc.

[May 02, 2000]
Bryan Lorencz

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is tough (the Easton RAD tubing is huge). It screams down hills, and I have no problems climbing anything I want.

I had my dealer swap the Formula brakes for Hayes. I have not used the Formula brakes, but I heard enough bad things to stay away from them. This bike is not for everyone. It weights alot, so if weight bothers you don't even look at it.

This bike is well worth the money. It feels and rides great (confident). I use mine for ripping down hills, trials, cross country riding, drop offs, jumps, you name it. This bike is a master of all trades. It weights alot, but everytime this bike gets serious air I have no worries about breaking it. I have had no problems pedaling it up any hills I used to climb with my 25 pound hard tail (its a little slower however). Point this bike down hill, lower the seat, and hold on, the KONA Chute inspires confidence.

Originally I planned to purchase the Stinky Delux or the Pipeline (these are both awesome bikes by the way). But I ended up falling in love with the Chute after riding alot of different bikes. The hard tail freeride bike just seems a little more diverse. I can only afford one great bike, and this is the one I choose.

2000 Stinky Delux, 2000 Pipeline

[Apr 16, 2000]
spinebender

OVERALL
Strength:

- Strength of a quality downhill frameset in a hardtail, nice tubes, welds and paint
- Nicely spec'd for the price (Easton tubes, solid shock, wheels, cranks, bits)

IMHO the brakes are kinda poo, they have power, they just don't offer much in the way of modulation (feathering). I will also be saving for some Hayes.

Great bike for abuse in the woods or the city, just a fat old confidence building bomb of a bike. Ride one if you can find one. Also, the frame pictured on the Konaworld.com site is the 99 Chute / 2000 Roast frame painted in the colours of the 2000 Chute...Rocky Mountain Reaper, Brodie Holeshot use the same Easton RAD top/downtube as the real 2000 Chute, find a pic of them... DON'T buy this if you want a feather-weight cross country flyer, DO buy it if you break frames, like to get stupid wisely, or want big popping veins on your legs. Write for more info if you need it.

I haven't used it, but this bike must be similar to a product known as crack?

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.