Giant 1999 MCM TEAM Hardtail Bike

1999 Giant MCM TEAM, mountain bike, front suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Sid SL fork

[Jan 15, 2019]
GHomer

OVERALL
Strength:

High end Deore Deraileurs and RockShox suspension and very light weight and fast!

None found at all

1999
[Dec 23, 2018]
GHomer

OVERALL
Strength:

Perfectly light and fast mountain bike...very comfortable ride!

No weaknesses ever found!

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
1999
[Jul 04, 2002]
James Yang

OVERALL
Strength:

Superb frame. Combined with all carbon parts, the ultimate bike you can ever have!

Negative!

The ultimite racing bike. Match with the spinergy wheels, it accelerate even faster.

None. None can come near.

[Mar 10, 2004]
Chully_Bun

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and fast; durable and looks cool! Still lighter than most brand new high end hard tails produced today.

Came with Formula hydraulic brakes, these have not been the most reliable over the past four years and will likely be my next upgrade.

This bike rocks. I bought it December 1999 and it is just as sweet today. Still looks great, has the carbon wow factor and rides like a dream. Rode it last year in the Mont 24Hr race (Canberra, Australia) in a three man team; only bike of the three to survive without maintenance. Basically all I have had to do is lube the chain, replace the cables and bleed the brakes once a year, and it just goes [fast].

[Feb 25, 2003]
Mike D

OVERALL
Strength:

see previous post

This is still the best performing factory spec'ed xc-hardtail I've ever ridden. The parts are still peforming very well (new wheels were needed- but thats hardly the bikes fault), the only complaint I have is the SID fork is a 12 month then rebuild fork at best. When tuned and working properly this fork is a good match for the bike, so I'll put up with the frequent rebuilds. I added an NRS bike to my collection and am thinking of tossing the SRAM half-pipes for XT pods, but the SRAM stuff just doesn't wear out. Still on original DR and shifters.. I have to add a chili to value, even better now since there is no company making a bike like this right now (Trek is Ok but no comparison).

after owning this bike for a couple years, I added the NRS bike to my quiver - just for grins - another good bike bike Giant

[Jul 18, 1999]
Mike
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon Frame.
Hydro Disk Brake.
Race Face Turbine Crank.
Race Face System and bars.
Hey John Tomac won all of his championships on a giant, need i say more?

A bike that says giant can not have weaknesses!

This bike kick TREKS ass there 9.9 is a waste ive seen 3 guys break them. My giants still going after many beatings on the trail!IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD $3,500 THEN BUY THE MCM SE
IT'S THE SAME BIKE ON A SMALLER BUDGET.P.S. MY REAL RATING IS A 10 CAUSE THIS BIKE BLOWS EVERYONE ELSE OFF THE MARKET.

All of the giant line.

[Mar 19, 2001]
Daniel Richardson

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon fiber takes a lot of the soft hits for you. The fork is excilent, the componants are just right for the bike.

The Carbon fiber frame wears out quickly.

This is the ult racing bike, its fast, light, reliable, and intimidating. This is the bike I would pick over any, it's been a very good bike, but its time to get another just like it. I love it!!!!!

nothing came close to this dream

[Oct 03, 2000]
Mike D

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike climbs like a cat, and is very quite. Great parts specs from the factory - Ready to race out of the box!

Price

This is the perfect bike for going fast. It climbs like nothing I've ever ridden and with the power and feel of the Hope Disc brakes, going downhill is a blast! Not the lightest bike out there but when you are 6' 185, the last thing you want is to feel the bike frame flexing under you. Very stable in corners and light enough for my racing needs right now. If you can afford (or even find one they are very limited now) and are looking for a frame that is strong and forgiving, this is the bike.

Giant 760, Giant 880 ATX

[Mar 21, 2000]
Marcus Moore

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff and responsive. Excellent climber and great on the flats.

Almost too stiff. I had to buy a suspension seatpost so I could ride ore that 20 miles. Had initial problems with getting the bike and problems with the downtube but all is well now.

I had originally rated this bike poorly because I hadn't received it yet. After getting it I spent some time building it and took a trip to Taos, NM for the first ride. I had problems with the seatpost dropping so I wasn't impressed at first. After about 4 1/2 weeks of run around from Giant and my local bike shop (not all Giant's fault) I had the bike ready to role. I took the first real ride and I love it. It is so stiff that I had to buy a suspension seatpost so my back would hold out. I tell everyone about my bike and everyone who rides it loves it. If I could take off my prior review I would because this bike rocks. Yes it is a little on the expensive side but you pay for the best.

Original Giant MCM Carbon.

[Nov 15, 1999]
Andy
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

plush ride, great braking, light weight, strong as hell.

none so far

this rig rocks

all of them bike shop sales manager

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.