Specialized 2000 Enduro Pro Full Suspension Bike

• A1 aluminum frame
  • Patented FSR Enduro adjustable suspension w/full cartridge bearings, Fox FLOAT-R air shock
  • Manitou 105mm X-Vert Super fork
  • STOUT wheelset w/Mavic 317 rims, SUP-machined sidewalls
  • S-Works black 10? stem, Strong
  • Patented FSR 4-bar linkage design with adjustable 3.8" to 4.6" of fully active (highly effective), fully independent (highly efficient) rear wheel travel
  • Completely new XC-inspired Enduro frame design is super lightweight and disc brake ready, with tuneable (69 or 70.5 degree head angle) geometry & adjustable travel (3.8" or 4.6")
  • Hayes hydraulic disc brakes front and rear
  • XT front/XTR rear derailleurs with XT shifters
  • New forged Specialized StrongArm II Pro 44x32x22T crankset with titanium clipless pedals

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 08, 2001]
    Joe

OVERALL
    Strength:

Disc brakes, smooth XTR/XT shifting, great suspension, comfortable riding position

The seat looked painful so I swapped that out before leaving the store.

This bike has no weaknesses for all around recreational riding. The Hayes hydraulic disc brakes are awesome, it shifts very smoothly and is all day comfortable. The Manitou X-Vert fork and Fox shock work well together in all conditions. Others on this site have complained of a low bottom bracket height. This bike has the same bottom bracket height as a Sugar 2, so for me it's not a problem. Compared to other makes, this bike is large, so check the fit carefully. I normally ride a large bike at 6'0", but a medium FSR enduro Pro fits me perfectly.

Proflex 656, Gary Fisher Sugar 2

[Oct 31, 2002]
    Howard

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strong and durable, been two years of beating and still strong

As any bike, you'll need to upgrade by YOUR riding ability, and your style of ridding.

This is my second entry, the first was a few months after I picked this bike up. After 2 years of heavy riding, this is still my #1 bike. I started free riding on top of XC and single track stuff, and this machine eats it all!
    I would estimate about $300.00 in upgrades (I do all my own work, and buy parts on sale) but cheaper than my other bikes, most of them would last a year or so, and I would sell before it wouldn't be worth selling. If you can get this bike second hand, you'd sale big, and I think you'd get all the better of a deal!

Specialized FS, Cannondale FS

[Oct 27, 2001]
    Mike Husting

OVERALL
    Strength:

Excellent front & rear suspension package.Component selection is also top notch.

Seat,and also the routing of the rear hayes brake line( which can be taken care of with a zip tie on the swing arm.

I weigh 230lbs so the bike is perfect for me especially with the extra gusseting that is used on the top end of the bike.I run thr Fox rear shock setup so it has around a 1/4" to 3/8" sag and this seems to be perfect for me.To all of the riders that complain about the bike having to low of a bottom bracket I have two suggestions,1st you could go with shorter crank arms ( you would have to make your saddle higher ) and secondly do a little research on the next bike you buy.I love the bike because it gives me more versatility than my FSR XC PRO.If you want a hardcore Xc bike this is not your bike but if your a big guy like me or just want an excellent bike to beat the snot out of this is it.Oh by the way Bens in Milwaukee still has two of these beauties left at this screeming good deal.

1999 FSR XC PRO,1999 XTC SE1

[Sep 26, 2001]
    Joe

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great design as far as suspension is concerned, nimble handling and a great climber. Hayes disks stop dime. Frame seems bomb proof.

Seatpost, stem and cranks all had to go. The post would slip on occasion, the cranks were flexy and the stem is just plain bad. Plus low BB height makes you extra careful on single track or else SMACK.

This is the perfect all around bike for almost any condition. It's a solid climber and even better descender. It soaks up most hits nicely and tracks great at any speed.

About the only problem is when you switch to your hardtail and realize that you can't take on half the stuff that you can with the Enduro.

Cannondale Super V 1000, Gary Fisher Joshua Z1

[Sep 24, 2001]
    Kyle

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great choice of components except for the seat, rear tire, and tubes. Durable, and good on cross country and downhill.

The seat, low bottom bracket, tubes, and rear tire.

I just came back from Attatash in new hampshire, rode some cross country and downhill trails and the bike handled great. The only problems were the rear tire which sucked at gripping to anything, the tubes which I blew out, and the seat which feels worse than sitting on the seatpost. Other than that the bike handles great and the supers take anything.

[Jul 12, 2001]
    Crypto Tiger

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great bike. Responsive, climbs well, nice tight turns. Love the disk brakes, and rear shock isn't pogoing.I have the 15" size, and it's one of the few bikes that I've found that is small enough and that is nicely equipped. Xvert Super is a really nice coil shock. Much better than the Trek Y bikes (for me at least). Nice rims too.

Stock cranks suck, low bottom bracket (same problem as everyone else). Not sure what I think of the stock Specialized components. Also, the fenders act like sails in the crosswinds.

This bike rocks! It's much more responsive than the Trek Y-22, and for the money I paid for it, I got a great deal including the front shock as well as disk brakes. Once I took off the fenders, it handled much better. One of the best full suspension bikes out there. Five chilis for both value and overall. Enough writing, I'm off to go ride.

Trek Y-22

[May 31, 2000]
    Ja Yates

OVERALL
    Strength:

Had a 1998 FSR Comp & snapped it. Specialized were really good (via my holyier than thou UK dealer) in that they have just replaced my old FSR frame with a Enduro PRO !!!FREE!!! I managed to get the shop to swap all the bits over, so I´ve just been able to do a direct frame comparison with Specialized´s 2 year older model. It´s been real easy to dial into it & rides very similar to my old one.
    The extra gussesting has really improved things up front, so it now feels solid & gives extra confidence if you ever fancy jumping the thing. § bottle bosses are perfect for this bike as it´s for the all day hauls. Otherwise a real easy frame to ride with & nice suspension setup. Just the reason why I bought the old one.

Sorry I can´t give you any info on the complete bike, but I thought just a frame review for this would be a little different as opposed to people commenting on bolt ons.

The top tube is 1 1/2" shorter which is bit of a bummer as I like to be a little flat in the ridding position. And the BB is far to low, I keep smacking my pedals on rocks & occasionally flat ground (if peddling round a bend). Everyone seems to be winging about the cable routing at the rear, which is completly justified. It was crap 2 years ago, & still is. I don´t like the little lug on the seatstay for the bottle boss, as this is one of the things that I snapped off on the last frame (some bottlecages hit the rear wheel when you bottom it out, hence snap & off she comes). hauls I was a little dissapointed not to find a set of crud catcher bosses (not all of us live in sandy dry Calafornia), speaking of MUD, the rear stays are still to close & don´t give enough mud clearance. I´m running a set of Tioga Factory Muds & they are right on the limit with about 7mm either side, not that handy when things get gloppy. Although from past experence; keep an eye on the top rear shock bolt & renew & lube all the pivot bearings, as they can squeak like buggery & soon offer some stiction.

I like Mud

Value rating gets a 5 cos I got mine for free (under warentee)

Specialized service can be good, BUT get your GOOD local bike shop to do the leg work (it is there job after all) I was stuck in Germany with a snapped frame, & they sorted out within a week that the short 5 day visit I had back to the UK would be enough to supply me a new frame & swap all the bits over, so end result I came back to Germany with a new frame & working bike having only made 2 phone calls.

Top marks to Madgetts Cycles (Diss UK) & Specialized for service reaction & quibble free.

FSR 98

[May 25, 2000]
    Jean Spencer

OVERALL
    Strength:

Superb shifting and braking, great balance and light weight, love the suspension adjustability:front and back

Rear cable routing stinks! Solved it hitting my leg by using a few zip-ties. Some bounce in climbing, but I haven't yet played with the different positions on the rear suspension.

Great bike for the value!!! If you can afford it, it is a great all-around mountain bike!

Road a 96 Trek y-11 with xt shifters, derailers, v-brakes, judy xc front suspension, fox vanilla rear suspension: I loved this bike until I tried the Spec. FSR Enduro, then I knew what love is!

[Apr 28, 2001]
    ASSAF VERNIK

OVERALL
    Strength:

well... i can write the good things until i'll get tired.
    take the manitou x-vert super for example: one of the best from all the forx that i've tried.
    the suspension works great , fully active - very supportive and swallow nicely all kind of bumps.
    the fox float r works nice too , it works very well to those who seek a nice ride. (it's not build for large drops...)
    the bike ,as a package works great......BUT!!!!!!

instead of writing the goodies , i prefer to let you know about the worst thing EVER:
    this bottom bracket height is ridicules(i'm sorry about my language) it seems that whenever you need to ride a singletrack that have some rocks in it ... you just can't avoid crancking your pedals and crank!!!!
    people , i may not be a world cup racer but i know how to ride. i couldn't stop my frustration every time i tried to go harder. this is one of the lowest height bottom bracket there are out there.
    the rest is all about money: i have changed my seat and the handlebar.

all of you riders who want a perfect ride for those long trips go for it!!! it will not bother you (the b.b highet)
    it climb well enough , steer awesome , it will give you alot of confidence and just wait and see how well it is going down!!!
    i gave it 3 chilis for my needs. but for almost all of you it will be the very best on the market!!!!!

For those who want more... well... FORGET IT...
    Come with me... i'm moving to SANTA CRUZ BULLIT

hmmmmm. let's just say alot of. (worked at a bike shop)

[May 22, 2001]
    ERIC G.

OVERALL
    Strength:

ITS LIGHT AND NIMBLE. THE FRAME IS STIFF. NICE COMPONENTS ON STOCK BIKE.

STRONG ARM II CRANKS ARE TO FLEXY. IVE REPLACED THEM WITH A TRUVATIV HUSSELFELT W/ CHAIN GUIDE. THE STEM IS A BIT TOO LONG MAKING THE STEERING SLOW WITH MY 2" RISER BAR UPGRADE.

GET THIS BIKE AND GET FASTER. THIS BIKE HAS HELPED ME TO REALIZE THAT A CHEAP ARSE BIKE WILL HOLD YOU BACK. THE SUSPENSIONS ADJUSTABILITY IS HELPFUL, BUT IT WONT ACCELERATE LIKE A HARD TAIL. OVER BUMPS THOUGH, YOU CAN STAY IN THE SADDLE AND PEDAL. FOR URBAN RIDERS, IT WILL NEED SOME MODIFICATIONS. THE REAR SHOCK IS MORE FOR XC THAN BIG DROPS, SO ILL BE REPLACING MINE SOON. tHE WHEELS HAVE HELD UP BETTER THAN I HAD THOUGHT. IVE REPLACED A COUPLE OF SPOKES AFTER THEY HAD BROKE AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. IM GOING TO UPGRADE TO THE RHYNO LITES

THIS IS MY FIRST DUAL S. MY OLD BIKE, A GARY FISHER WAHOO IS IN A SEPERATE CLASS TO THIS FINE TUNED MACHINE

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.