Santa Cruz 2000 Superlight X Full Suspension Bike

Mountain Mix, SID XC

[Jan 21, 2002]
Galilao Shinnosuke

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, easy to maintain, fine handling, makes vertical impacts comfortable yet laterally stiff, very good quality parts selection, nice welds, really don't notice pedal feedback.

Rear tires wider than 1.9 inches have to be deflated to fit between the brake pads. I am using a 1.9 inch wide Continental Cross Country tire and do not have to deflate it to mount the rear wheel on the frame.

Excellent bike. I'm glad I got my dream bike while I can still ride on the trails. Hey, how many 49 year old mountain bikers are out there hammering the sides of the mountains? After I finish paying off the loan, hopefully I'll still be able to ride!

Specialized FSR-XC, Marin Mt Vision

[Oct 26, 2001]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is the best bike I have ever owned or ridden. It handles technical downhills like child's play. Has made me a better and more confident rider. It climbs very well and is light. It is also strong in the important areas and looks great. Very stiff rear triangle, no flex when you are tossing the thing about. It tends to save you from crashing if you don't freak and just let it flow. I was worried about the fox vanilla r coil over shock but have discovered coil overs are better then air shocks. I like my bike!

None that I can discern.

Great bike for people who ride a lot.

GT xcr 2000, tried a bunch of other full-suspensions.

[Nov 23, 2001]
Mike Smrcka

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame made by 1 of the best names in the business. Very comfortable, not too plush and excellent welds and paint. Also, it comes w/ the fox pump which is convenient.

$$$

I am someone who does alot of research before he buys and I spent all summar deciding what to get between a fuel, sugar, adept or superlight. I made the right decision even though the others are all great bikes the s/c was right for me. It handles great and turns heads on the trails too.

fuel, sugar, adept, jeckel

[Nov 09, 2001]
Drew

OVERALL
Strength:

ITS THE COOLEST BIKE IN THE WORLD. I love it. light, fast, fun to ride. Um it gets you alot of looks on the trail, espically when your 15. and people think your crazy when you tell them how much you spent on it, well people that dont ride that is

um a little on the expensive side for someone with no income but well worth the dinero. um had a little problem with the rear triangle bolt(where bolts to frame) came loose after a while and started creaking but thats my fault for not checking up on it.

if u got the cash buy it. I LOVE MINE. great bike. nice and light and can take just about anything you can throw at it. um i dont have much to say but the bike rocks and if you want one buy it. call the dudes at cambria they were a huge help with everything. they made it possible for me to have my dream bike so call em. buy this bike if you want a top of the line bike that is capeable of anything.

jekyll, heckler, tracer, just about anything i could take out and ride

[Sep 03, 2001]
Nate

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight,versatility (good for almost everything from moderate DH to full-on XC to city free-style stuff), toughness

It may be a little expensive for some folks' tastes, but well worth it.

This is the most comfortable and lightweight bike that I've ever ridden. It takes downhills great and climbs better than my old Giant hardtail. I have the Fox RC but haven't felt the need to even use the lock out. I think that the main strength of this product is it's versatility. It moves great on and off-road. If you want to move up to a bike that you'll keep for years, buy this one.

Rode a Giant NRS 1 and considered purchasing it to save some $$. Also some Giant hardtails.

[Nov 29, 2001]
Larry Manhart

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, Light, Durable, Lots of fun.

Requires that rear tire be deflated to remove it from between the brake pads. The price is high but I got a break buying from a dealer and assembling it myself.

I've had some small problems with the white hub coming loose, and one dust seal coming loose on the sid XC fork. But after 1100 miles this summer I love the bike. 4 inches of rear travel is plenty for the trails I ride and its light enough to fly up hill. Once you find the right air pressure for the fork and rear shock it rides great up and down.

Pro-flex, sugar, spealized.

[Jul 24, 2001]
Allen AKA RIGID Lloyd

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, plush, the bike is on rails.

My set up does not climb that well, but I catch back up on the DHs so it is worth it.

Before I bought this bike I rode every FS I could get my hands on and now after having it for about a year I can say I made the right decision. If you like to ride fast tecnical trails this is the bike to have. Just enough travel to save your hinnie, but not so much that you can not ride up hills. The frame has no matinence issues because it only has one pivot. My only concern is the lack of areplacable deraleur hanger, so far no problems, but it is a concern. Bottom line this bike ruls for Cross Country fun or Downhill madness. If you can only have one bike that has to do everything well this is the bike to have!

I have tried them all!

[Mar 15, 2001]
Scott Frazier

OVERALL
Strength:

handling
weight
component's spec'd

Great climber, great descender, great on twisty singletrack. What's not to love about this bike?

Santa Cruz has got the geometry just right and has done a great job specifying components. Of course you'll want to select either the Marzoochi or the SID front fork, not the Judy.

numerous

[Sep 11, 2000]
Matt

OVERALL
Strength:

LIGHT, quick, geometry.

Slight rattle in the shifter pods (duck tape)

My first full suspension...and this bike has exceed all my expectations. Climbing, downhill, tight single track, whatever; This bike rocks! Did I mention this thing is light??? Geometry is perfect. BB height is great. And so far, low maintenance. After 3 months of fairly hard riding, I've had to do nothing except lube the chain and tighten the headset. Everything feels dead on and dialed in. This was the best $2250 I've ever spent!

FSR XC Pro, Gary Fisher Sugar 2

[May 02, 2001]
Mike V

OVERALL
Strength:

Technical ability both climbing & descending, comfort and weight.

None that I have found.

This bike is unreal. I previously owned a Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp & in just a few weeks I have improved my technical skills. The first time I rode the bike I was able to clean a switchback on the Dakota Ridge trail that I had not been able to make before. After owning the bike for only 4 weeks it was off to Moab & Fruita. In three days we rode Slickrock & Amasa Back in Moab & Mary's Loop/Horsethief Bench in Fruita. This bike amazed me. Either I got better [not!] or the bike has superior handling!!!

For the first time I can't think of a bike I would rather have - so far it exceeds my expectations - what else can be said.

I recommend this bike to anyone who enjoys riding trails all day. Its low speed and high speed handling are top notch, it goes where you want it to when you want it to!

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp
GT I-Drive

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.