Litespeed 2000 Unicoi Full Suspension Bike

mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Shimano XTR components, Rock Shox Sid SL, 3.15" travel fork

[Feb 01, 2002]
Matt Mizenko

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. Beautiful craftsman ship, excellent component blend, etc. Plenty light and rides like a dream - almost psychic. Think of where you want to be and you're there. Ride quality is perfect blend of hard and softtail. My first big lip I took with this bike I was waiting for the big hammer in the backside - and instead it felt like landing on a pillow. Amazing. You only feel it when you need it.

The Fizik saddle kinda stinks.

A perfect machine for hardcore XC folks.

Cannondale Scalpel, Klein Attitude.

[Apr 11, 2000]
Derek Mattice

OVERALL

Updat from earlier review. I resolved the suspension setup, and am now completely satisfied w/ the bike.

[Apr 01, 2000]
Derek Mattice

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredible attention to detail, quality, and finish.

Rear spring (shock) options lacking-I can't find the right spring rate for my weight (140lbs).

The bike is beautiful to look at but I must admit to being a little unsure about the benefits of a softail. The rebound is uncontrolled, and on choppy downhills the bike is more of a handful than a hardtail. The faster you go the worse it gets. This movement does help on the climbs though (traction). The geomoetry and fit are spot on for me and if I was Airborne I would be embarassed to call my bike Ti after seeing a Litespeed up close.

Airborne Lucky Strike (joke)
Many carbon fiber, alum. hardtails and full suspension

[May 09, 2003]
Dennis

OVERALL
Strength:

Still none after riding hard for two years!

Hardtails

Bike setup: XT all, Mavic Crossroc's, Tubeless, Avid mechanical Discs, Fox Vanilla 80mm

Fox Vanilla RL 80mm, Avis Mechanical Discs, XT all, Mavic Crossrocs with Stan's NoTubes sealant, WTB saddle

[Jul 24, 2004]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

Bulletproof, beautiful craftsmanship, great customer service. Looks great

decals (who cares)

This is the most awesome bike I have ever owned. It is light, fast and can take a beatin'. I have owned it for just about two years. I bought it from this website. The guy bought it and it was too big for him (19.5) so he held onto it for a couple of years and then sold it. I got it for a steal ($1,200.00). I got booed alot in Steamboat Springs (Moots)but I think this bike is just as good as the YBB. I have bought a number of FS bikes since I bought this one and I have gotten rid of every one of them. I really think I will keep this bike forever. Way to go Litespeed!!!

Cannondale F2000, 1998 Unicoi, Fisher Supercaliber

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.