Giant 1999 Warp DS2 Full Suspension Bike

1999 Giant Warp DS2, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, SR Suntour MG80 fork

[Apr 04, 2019]
sparks8

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable frame with great welding and overall long lasting

Just got mine so I haven't been able to check yet

Price Paid:
[Mar 25, 2018]
gio71

OVERALL
Strength:

Best bike I’ve ever owned!! It’s 2018 and the only thing that I had to replace so far is the pedals and grips. Very strong bike!

I have no negative reviews on this bike

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
1999
[Aug 28, 2007]
Gerald Audet

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly light for what it is
Simple
Super Strong
CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Front Shock
Not super light

This bike is now going on 9 years old now, and the only thing I have replaced is the tires, fork (didn't need to be replaced, but I wanted too), and cables. Drive train is going to have to be replaced next year, and the rear shock the year after if I still have it.

I love this bike, and it's been very dependable. None of the bushing in the rear are loose, nor are the wheel hubs, or the headset, the rebound adjust still works on the rear shock, even the orginal brake pads are still good! Granted I probably only do about 250-350 miles a year on it (I'm mostly a road biker) but it's been great! I don't ride easy stuff, and like to play a little too, and it's been great for that as well.

Bottom line- it's the best mountain bike I've ever had, and while I've owned it I've had serval others as well (specialized, fuji, diamondback, and trek) and they've all died and this one is still rock solid!

[Apr 27, 2007]
Brandon Flynn

OVERALL

S#*T, every thing breaks i put marzocchi junior t's and a manitou swinger 6 way and its still crap,
so now m getting a norco vps shore

dont get 1 spend your money on a Norco or a specialized

[Oct 26, 2001]
David R.

OVERALL
Strength:

I haven't broken one thing yet! adjustable rear shock rocks, even if only 4" travel.
I just got 4th in Mens-C DH at the Collegiate Easterns!!! And some people say this bike shouldn't be ridden off road?!

Shifting is never right. Even with new shifters! A bit heavy for it's main purpose of a XC bike...

Wicked bike for the money! A bit on the heavy side for XC, but lighter than most DH bikes!

[Jul 22, 2001]
Derek

OVERALL
Strength:

IT CAN TAKE A BEATING

THE SWING ARE BUSHINGS LOSEN UP ON ME AND I BENT THE STOCK FORKS LIKE A CHOPPER MOTORCYCLE

it is a great begginer bike but i got to get somthing new i beat mine to crap

[Jul 25, 1999]
Eric Davis

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame

components

Paid $600 for a bike that equals many $700 bikes.
Full suspension has already saved my butt many times. I feel I got the most bike for the money

Trek

[Jan 14, 2000]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Great for the price, fun full suspension.

Rims, crankset, Alivio rear derailleur shifts when it wants to. Kinda heavy.

Awesome bike for the money. You can upgrade and have a $1200 bike for $800. 5 chilis for the bad-ass full suspension.

[May 21, 2001]
nikola gasic

OVERALL
Strength:

i had this bike for over three years and it hasent had any majore problems.

the rear gtm 7 shock on my bike fell apart after clearing a 2.5metre gap.

this bike is great for how much money it costs. and when i blew my rear shock up the dealer got my bike back to me fixed the next morning.

specilized fsr.

[Mar 03, 2001]
Ken

OVERALL

Shifting never in tune! in tune on lowest out on the highset. The chain would often come off, then after tuning wouldn't shift into the closest gear.

The shifting would never stay in tune. Also had a chin break within 1mo. of buying the bike. Don't recomend anyone buy his bike for the cost, there are better bikes out there.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.