Diamondback 2001 Mr. Lucky BMX Bike

[May 30, 2011]
chris

OVERALL
Strength:

I have pretty much kept the bike stock besides the handlebars and the tires. I have had no problems with anything major. I weigh over 200lbs and am 6ft 4in tall. It is a great bike and I like it a lot. I have been riding it from 2001 when I bought it. I use it for trails, street, dirt and pretty much anything that I can get my tires on.

the only weak points that I came across have been the handlebars, I had to replace them after flatlanding a dirt set of doubles and I bent the right side down when I landed. I replaced them with a set of snafu's and have not had any issues since. that was within the first two years. Also, in 2009, on my way to work the original chain snapped on me at one point. I bought a heavy duty one to replace it and have had no more issues. The stock sprocket was not round and would cause the chain to hop a bit so I replaced that too. Also, the brakes really are not that good. They work, barely, but enough to feather while riding wheelies.

I love it and wont be buying another bmx for a very long time. I have already owned her for 10 years or more. I just take care of it and it takes care of me.

Older bmx bikes.... diamondback assault 98 and 2000,

[Aug 13, 2010]
Fyro
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Think it was the 06ish model. This thing is a tank. Haven't really threahed it as much as I could, but the parts are alright, take a beating.

Also fairly hard to break. Nice clicker too

This thing weighs more than a tank. Something like 15-16 kg, not good for BMX racing, ok for DJ and average for street.

Tektro cable brakes are crap, work alright if you take care of them, but cable streches too easily.

Get something else for DJ

Overall, looks fairly good, nice design, but if you want something to race or DJ, get something that weighs at least 5 kg lighter.

Get new brakes too. But it rides fairly smooth, loud clicker, solid frame and alright for street and cruising around.

I suggest to at least pick up a bike to see how heavy it is, I didn't, and hated the fact that it weighs too much to even simply lift up the front easily. But still quite a smooth ride.

Mates Free Agect chrome bmx.

[Dec 11, 2001]
Lance

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice Handlebars, Good tires and rims.

sucky brakes, gyro, seat, front fork looks weird and doesnt help with aerodynamics at all.

Do not buy this bike it is not worth the price at all. it was almost the worst bike i have ever had except for my mongoose hoop d. DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE!

GT mach one, Haro backtrail* 3, Mongoose Hoop D(SUCKS), Mongoose speacial Edition, Dyno Compe and many more!

[Nov 12, 2002]
Rohan .

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, stronger than anything in same price range
good geometry for dirt jumps, spec + frame

broken: wheel, cranks, forks, headset, seatpost, seat, sprocket and original chain a few times,
bars awkward

sure tha cranks snapped but Ive bent my profiles since. the bars never bent but the slim bars i put on did. forks have lasted well really, good buy but be prepared to replace stuff

a gt, a trek, tried lots of other bikes

[Sep 22, 2001]
Steven Glanzer

OVERALL
Strength:

strong frame, seat is a great piece of art work but do not keep on leg for to long. Three piece crank is hard to beat as a stock item

brakes suck and micro-adjust seat post gave out on me

great bike can not beat parts for the price. stock brakes need to be replaced immediatley

[May 23, 2001]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is pretty much bombproof
Good oversized chromoly fork
Chromoly bars
3 piece tubular cranks
2 14mm hubs

Tires wear down pretty fast
Rims aren't the best
Brakes are junk

A really good bike for anybody thats starting off or has been riding for a while.I paid $620.00 canadian but i dont know how much it is american maybe around 400.If you do buy this bike get new tires and brakes.But otherwise it's a damn good bike.

Gt bump
trek TR40

[Apr 08, 2003]
Rohan Neilson

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap. same frame as sherman

parts are crap

lasted me (an almost 190lb rider) over a year but only frame & stem are still standard -everything else has broken but find a bike for less than my cranks and wheels cost that won't. I dont regret buying this bike -theres not alot of options over here and all of them break. ive seen similar priced bikes do alot worse. you can either fork out $1500 now for a really nice bike or slowly upgrade the parts on a crap one such as the mr lucky as you progress.
(on the other hand maybe not everyone needs ss cranks and hazards cos they break everything else)

a gt a trek and a few borrowed haros

[Aug 30, 2001]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame holds up real well.Chromo fork and handlebars held out well also. Cranks can take a lot of abuse.

Brakes are not what they should be. And the rims couldn't take as much abuse as they should.

The held up pretty good but i would change the brakes and the rims. Overal this bike is an american bad ass!

juju

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.