Transition Bikes Bandit All Mountain Full Suspension

The Bandit is a true to form lightweight trail bike designed to rip up and down the mountain. We pushed the envelope of tube design and machining of frame parts to create a bike that absolutely floats through singletrack. Careful attention to pivot placement and leverage curves make the Bandit feel like a long travel bike on the descents and a XC race bike going up. Our goal was to create a trail bike that combined the ultimate uphill pedaling feel along with a playful spirit on the downhill that is a treat to throw around corners, bunny hop and pull the front end up over obstacles.

[Dec 25, 2011]
tibetaneskimo

OVERALL
Strength:

Rips up, flies down

Small Block 8s weren't up to the job I asked of them

My favorite bike by far until I rode a Yeti SB66. It's still my favorite bike, but not by far anymore. I blew out the side walls on the Kenda Small Block 8s that came with the build kit before I had a chance to upgrade them. But that was because I was asking cross country tires to do downhill duty. I swapped on the Nevegals and love the bike even more. It is extremely efficient and tons of fun downhill. Definitely the best bike for those of us that need to do a lot of pedaling to get up the hills. I also took it to the bike park at The Canyons last fall and handled what I launched off of. But I am kind of a wuss so that doesn't say much. However, for a bike that is marketed as a cross country it can handle pretty much everything to some degree.