Specialized Enduro Comp All Mountain Full Suspension

Roll it off the shop floor, slap on some pedals, strap on a helmet, and ride the whole mountain on an Enduro Comp.

• Fully manipulated M5 alloy FSR frame with ORE tubing is the centerpiece of this incredibly versatile 160mm-travel design with sealed cartridge bearing pivots, ISCG mount, and replaceable derailleur hanger
  • Custom Fox RP2 rear shock features external ProPedal and rebound damping control in a design that combines high performance with low weight
  • RockShox Lyrik 20mm Maxle thru-axle fork with 160mm of travel, tapered steerer tube, external rebound adjust for dialed-in descents, and Solo Air cartridge for combined negative/positive air spring adjustability 2Bliss ready Clutch Control 2.3" dual compound front tire with plenty of traction for superb braking and cornering and rear Purgatory Control 2.2" tire for lightweight grip in intermediate conditions
  • Custom SRAM S-1250 9-speed double crankset with GXP spindle and shift guide for smooth, durable performance in rough conditions
  • Avid Elixir R SL lightweight hydraulic disc brakes/levers with alloy backed semi-metallic pads and tool-less reach adjust for superb control and modulation

[Nov 27, 2018]
bikerboyton

OVERALL
Strength:

Specialized Enduro Comp 26. Solid! Do-it-all great bike! Can handle whatever the gnarliest trail or bike park you can imagine! Upgraded mine to my dream components and it becomes one hell of a beast!

None that i can think of.

Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2014
[Oct 17, 2015]
Ethan

OVERALL
Strength:

Wide tires, amazing on knarley fast descents, climbs great, and corners like a monster.

A bit heavy but not a problem. When I hit a fast jump, or am really flying and hit a hard dip the front tire rubs on the fork even with Mavic XL rims. Its slight but that maybe because I have the 2.4 Ardents.

I put a Thomson dropper, Mavix Xl rims, 2.4 Ardent, and 2.4 WTB trail boss and clipless peddles. THis bike can handle a lot and keep up with the faster riders. I have been looking for a bike that can do it all and that I can ride for 15-20 miles in a day and not feel defeated after. This bike is the answer to all. The Pike Rock shock has not yet been tuned but I am still playing with it. It seems like I can dial it in for fast riding but then is bottoms out on big hits but if I dial it for big hits then its too rough on the small bumps. The Fox rear shock is cool with the auto sag but I feel like it could be dialed a little bit more than the auto sag alows i.e. not getting all of the travel out of it.

[Jan 31, 2014]
mike

OVERALL
Strength:

High speed stability. Rear braking(horst link). Geometry. Standover. Travel. Front derailer mounted on rear triangle really helps keep chain on during jolting hits

Proprietary shock mount(no standard eyelet on shaft). Proprietary bottom headset bearing. Brand is infamous for having a big corporation attitude. With all their success and talent, I wish company was more humble, easy going for the cause/culture.

I have about 30 all mountain terrain rides on a late 2013 enduro comp.(has type 2 rear derailer) I run a large with a 50mm stem because I felt my size(med) didn't have enough top tube. I Put a pike on it (now standard in 2014) because original Fox 34 evo. got recalled and sent to shop. Pike is a fantastic AIR fork. Large or small hits all have same handlebar feedback,(minimal).
The Pike amplified shortcoming of frame shock. It wasn't using it's full stroke unless I badly cased a jump. I can't just go into a store and get a shock that fits so I called Push. They couldn't do their high end tune it because it had no boost valve, but they gave me valuable info for free.(They're Awesome!) I followed their advice, had OC bike garage dial in the size of volume reducers and in 3 days bike was back on my test trails. Now frame shock is on par with Pike. It's using 155 of it's 165 travel turned enduro into an incredible aggressive higher speed terrain bike.
Once dialed, the enduro comp is fully dedicated to holding my chosen line at speeds no other bike I've been on could keep so tightly. Even though I'm more daring with lines, trails, and speed, I've never felt safer. And as for climbing, it's better than I expected thx. to CTD. The stiffer compression settings stiffen the frame like a firm xc bike, and if it needs to open, factory blow-off setting is near perfect under climbing conditions.
Nowadays, there are more good AM bikes than there are bad ones. There is something for everyone. But it's all preference, style, experience. 27.5 is taking over, but if you like Specialized, and love all the fun and challenge 26 inch has to offer, once dialed, the performance of the enduro comp won't disappoint.

[Jan 25, 2013]
Tony Richmond

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbs, Decends!!!! And tackles anything in its way with ease.

None well go on then maybe an X0 mech would be nice ha ha.

I just came from a scott ransom 20 which was a lard, i only came to realise that now im riding the Enduro. The scott will tackle anything but is just a hang on and point sort of bike with the Enduro your in charge its so flickable and chuckable and any more words you can think of with able at the end!!. I put on some wider bars, some bigger pedals and i was off enjoyment throughout the ride, ups and downs!!
I had a specialized stumpjumper s works a couple of years ago and a demo 8 mk2 downhill bike so i have a soft spot for specialized its fair to say but they just work so well and fit like a glove. The enduro with its 160mm travel andits well pretty decent componentry to be fair on the comp is pretty good still upgradable but not bottom line.
If your finding it hard for choice on bikes just dive in and get an enduro you will love it!!.

Specialized stumpjumper S Works, specialized demo 8 mk2.

[Jan 10, 2013]
Sam McDonnell

OVERALL
Strength:

Absolutely perfect. The ultimate All Mountain / Freeride machine, climbs to the top like a Stumpjumper, then shreds the DH runs like a Status. (excuse my favouratism towards Specialized). I have had mine for just under a month and have spent that time traveling NZ with it. I have ridden singletrack, National Downhill trails and Dirt Jumps and it takes it all in its stride.

None for me personally, but if you are a X-Country rider the Lyric fork is a little too plush for XC riding.

Would recommend this to anyone looking to lean towards the Enduro, Freeride or Downhill scenes, not ideal for XC riding. Would look nice with some Gold Fox forks, but at the end of the day functionality is what matters and the Lyric fork is perfect. Very impressed Specialized!

Giant Reign, Merida 140, Giant Glory, Commencal, Giant Reign SX

[Nov 05, 2012]
ihaveagibsonsg

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. This bike does EVERYTHING and then it does EVERYTHING amazing. It's just the best

Doesn't get hipster cred for having 29er or 650b and the new cool 666z wheels.

I've done a full circle in the biking community. Started on a 26" hard tail, to a 26" FS xc bike, to a FS 29er, to a SS 29er, to an ENDURO, to a FS 6" travel 650b bike, and back to nearly every AM frame in the business before I went back to an ENDURO. I've ridden nearly every bike out there, all 3 wheel sizes and almost every 150-160mm frame out there. Out of all the bikes, the enduro stuck out to me. I found myself missing the enduro on every ride. Forget nomads, reigns, coverts, pivot firebirds, ibis hd's, knolly chilcotins, turners, ellsworth, remedy, slash ect. I've ridden them all and they do not compare to the enduro. I was hesitant to re-purchase an enduro because I love to root for the underdog and the small business owner, but the walmart of bikes got it right on this one.

It pedals uphill like an xc bike and shred's downhill like you wouldn't believe! This bike is so stable at speed, unless you're sam hill, you will never be limited by the potential of this bike. It has a wide wheelbase by the geometry is PERFECT and it handles great, but its not twitchy and it encourages you to rail corners and flatten hikers. It's unbelievably plush and has a great comfortable riding position. It can be used for freeride and I've done 6ft flat landers on it with the proper PSI in the air suspension. It's also one of the most versatile frames out there. The ISCG5 tabs accept any kind of crankset, even the awesome hammerschmidt which I ran on my original enduro with no issues. It can accept a coil shock as well if you buy the EVO linkage.

The comp may be the "base" model but there's nothing base about it. I changed the fork out for a 2013 talas RC2 so I can adjust the travel for the long climbs, but the lyrik is a FAR superior fork when the mountain goes down. It may not come with an adjustable seatpost, but I put the giant contact switch on mine for $200 and its great. The RP2 is all you need for a bike like this. The propedal works for climbing and it's sucked on some of the other bikes I've ridden but it's actually a great shock on this frame. I can only imagine a pushed version of the RP2 would be even better. The avid CR brakes are great and the 203 rotors bite hard! The only upgrade I'm debating on changing even though not mandatory is adding a hammerschmidt crankset. The hammerschmidt is AWESOME! For a couple bucks you can make this bike an top of the line AM rig.

This bike is for connoisseurs searching for the closest thing to perfection. It's only limits are the person riding it and the excuses they have. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad, Butcher, Slayer, Jamis XAM, Pivot Firebird, Yeti SB-66, Ellsworth Truth, Knolly Chilcotin, Canfield Theone, Reign/Reign X, GT Sanction, Remedy, Slash, Ibis Mojo HD, Transition Covert.

[Oct 20, 2012]
nicoswit

OVERALL
Strength:

Great bike to ride, this review is for the Enduro comp 2011. I come fron a Specialized FSR XC, and the Enduro definately pedals up way better than the xc bike despite it's 160mm travel fork, would not hesitate to recomend this bike as an all rounder all mountain bike, have used it on 60 km rides with other xc guys and this bike handles great, not to mention this bikes downhill capabilities! This is what this bike is really made for but wouldnt discard its peddaling capabilities.

The hubs are crap! Replaced them with some flow rims on hope hubs and what a difference! But aside this the bike is a real monster! The lyrik R fork may have some brake dive, I got used to this but theres always the chance to upgrade to the DH Damper!

Great bike! Pedals real well for a bike that handles the downhills so good!

Specialized FSR Xc comp

[Oct 19, 2012]
Colin sanderson

OVERALL
Strength:

The whole bike, bought mine 18 months ago just love it second full suspension bike wanted more travel for rougher terrain at speed and it doesn't disappoint, it climbs well for its size and is lighter than it looks. I rode the tour de Ben Nevis on it this year 44 mile point to point race came in 78th out of 360 and I would have said it was one of the biggest bikes there so riding it all day is no problem point it down hill and it really Does come into its own it gives you loads of confidence needs a dropper post though

You need to upgrade the wheels you feel the back end squirming around at speed in turns' I put hope hubs mavic rims on mine improved it loads (on a budget 300 quid )

If you want a do it all bike that you can really let rip on this bike will take some beating love the look of the 2013 model and its quite a bit lighter

[Aug 28, 2012]
666Shifty
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike rides downhill better than any other bike in this range. I have been riding quite a few downhill bikes and the back end of Enduro works better than half of them, you really dont need coil shock (rp2 is build for this bike). I have rode mine this year 30 days in bike parks (including Megavalanche) and it is still working like a charm.

I have 2011 model that has QR at the back and it could be a little bit stiffer, new ones have 142+ axle so that is not a problem.
Maybe the it is not the quickes bike on pedaling or flat stuff, but it is not meant to be. It is build for fireroads to the top and then blasting on the downhill track.
If you have luck than Elixir brakes works with no problems, but many of us had to raplace them.
RockShock Lyrik has only rebound setting, but I think you dont need anything else.

One of the best enduro/all mountain bikes out there. If you like downhill sections than this is the bike for you. You can use It in bike parks and It will suprise you how good it is. The only thing that you need to change for bikepark are the rims, stock rims are to soft for downhill abuse.

Enduro EVO, Commencal Meta 6, Santa Cruz Nomad carbon, Specialized Pitch....

[Aug 18, 2012]
zvika

OVERALL
Strength:

verry manuverable with obstacles. light weight easy to carry in the car trunk, very stable on downhill slops and loose stones trails.great bikes for desent price.

pedals are a little bit too close to the ground.

I have been riding mountain bikes for about 25 years (all double suspantion) and with this model I enjoy the most.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.