Maverick ML8 All Mountain Full Suspension

You can feel the lineage from the original ML7, but the ML8 offers an unmatched 6.5-inches of travel in a sub-30-pound bike. The combination of its monocoque frame, Monolink suspension design, integrated rear shock, and the perfectly matched DUC32 fork give the ML8 an exclusive position in the mountain bike world...a light but very tough trail bike that climbs just as proficiently as it descends. As with any Maverick, the ML8 is great for lots of different kinds of riding, but its heart is aggressive trail riding with a large diversity of terrain. It handles bumps better than any plush feeling “all mountain” style bike thanks to Parallel Path Technology. But don’t be fooled, it’s extremely nimble and climbs as efficiently as any “cross-country” bike out there.

• Frame: ML8 Hard Anodized (XL - Black)
  • Fork: 12 Fox 32 Float 150 RLC FIT 15QR Kashima

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 04, 2020]
    ja9

OVERALL
    Strength:

Climbs very well, descends just as well. Had mine for 10 years and with no issues. Amazing riding bike, very quiet. You really notice how good this bike is when you ride bikes that have been designed 15years later and this thing still holds its own. Truly unbelievable for a bike this old. I’ve always got a new bike every 2-3 years thinking there is something better than the bike I’ve got but with the Mav I’ve never needed to. I love this bike and yes it’s that good.

Seat angle is an issue for me as my knees are not what they used to be.

Purchased:
    New
    Model Year:
    2005
    [Jul 15, 2015]
    Wasmachineman NL

OVERALL
    Strength:

Climbs mountains even harder than a Volvo 850 TT5-R AWD with 951 HP or my ML7!

Black Ano frame is easy to clean and less scratch sensitive than the painted one of my ex iDrive 5 2.0

165mm/6.5 inch of absolutely smooth travel out of the ML8.0 rear shock!

No one except me (as of 15-7-2015) has one in The Netherlands!

None really, except for the same weakness as my ML7: no distributors in The Netherlands!

"If you could only have one bike, which one would you choose?" This one obviously! I had the ML7 before (and reviewed it here: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/frameset/maverick/monolink-ml7/prd_357673_119crx.aspx) and that was a rocket on it's own, but this is a whole new league!

It's like going from a Volvo 760 Turbo 16V with around 300 flywheel HP to a 850 T5-R with 750 HP AT THE WHEELS, and that's when riding on the road, when climbing this thing overtakes everyone with ease! I tackled a tough climb which I never could make with a GT iDrive 5 2.0 (the bike before my ML8) without nearly falling backwards, but this thing just flew over it with high speed as if it was nothing!

Maintenance wise should come later, but I haven't got any issues yet.

10/10 bike, Paul Turner and Co!

Absolutely would buy one again if they still made 'em!

Maverick ML7(.2) '04, GT iDrive 5 2.0 '07, Sintesi Hantrax '96, and many more older FS'ers and HT's.

[May 04, 2014]
    stamatis
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Weight, classic design, monolink

Great bike. No bobing , no noises, easy to service, too stiff.
    Classic design.
    One bike for all. Great quality.

Whyte 46

[Jul 08, 2013]
    Steve

OVERALL
    Strength:

lt's a DH - bomber , lt's a goat herder - climber , lt's a XC - marathoner , lt's American made dudes and dude'ets . ML8 is solid on the nasty gnar , no noise, no handle bar buzz feedback nada just wind rushing past my ears. The DUC 32 mates perfectly so the front end feel 'integrated' and tight going fast down small single or over large natural features. On swooping flow track - corners or down rain bar rutted roads the ML8 turns and changes lines 'instinctively' no need to force anything, this bike snaps quickly. ML8 quickly made me a much better rider, it also scared me and exposed my lack of expertise and lame technique just as quickly lol . Like a Ducati this ain't no Suzuki .

Could You imagine an ML8 Carbon !

Climbing is magical so mellow and yet so powerful none of that HT nastiness. ( SRAM X7 3x9 ) .

Looks so zexy , everyone is Your friend ( even Cam Zink on the slopes with ML8 under Your baggies , lol.)

You will find Yourself staring at Your ML8 cause it has a certain motocross- gear head appeal , Youl be washing it every single time after a session. Mav's are holding there value

Out of biz bro, sorry go to E-bay or a good CL search engine . Lucky Maverick has a cult following here on MTBR . Ethan F is Yoda, the man with all the old new stock parts and fork-frame build expertise. Your local wrench may have a hard time understanding the tips & tweaks needed to dial a Maverick and or a DUC32 , so best to join the forum and put Your learning hat on.

Front D must be the right one . could be frustrating so go by the book .

DUC32 is a engineers fork , needs to be a far amount of ' trial and dial' to find the right Re & Damp for You.

Got to source spares and keep a stash.

Every scumbag tweaker wants to steal my ML8 , so get a large chain and lock and keep Your Glock on You lol....PEACE

1st was amazed at the look of the bike, it sucked me in, then came to find out the engineering, design and chops are for real.

[Jul 17, 2012]
    zx1200r

OVERALL
    Strength:

A REAL all mountain bike.

As said before, out of business.

Paid £540 (about $850) for the frame around 2mths ago. This thing is marvelous, I leave my mate on tight twisting single track either on his Lapierre or Orange. I did a blue run on strava which includes a 1.1km fire road exposed climb and tight/swoopy single track to post 8th fastest time of 140 runners according to strava you can bet some will be riding carbon straws! Rides rocks roots and the back end is lovely and stable. going fast is a hoot feeling the rear lift sideways knowing it'll line up fine. My jumps are limited to around 7-8ft long table tops with 4-5ft drop offs and feels stable in the air, just sucks up the landings The only short coming on this bike is this rider. It weighs the same as my steel hard tail 33lbs which from what I've read is a bit above the average build. Frames are still available and at that price a steal. I was looking to buy a mojo or whyte 146, this saved me £2000, happy days :)

Marin wolfridge, Ragley bluepig

[Feb 12, 2012]
    stoker1223
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

The suspension puts power to the ground allowing incredible climbing excellence. Technical sections whether up or down are never an issue. The bke bombs down any fire road or singletrack with ease. The overall bike is really tough and mechanically sound. Love the geometry and stand over height. the ML8 is like having two bikes in one.

Maverick went out of business

I have a ML8 and love it. The best bike I have ever had, by far. A couple of good friends of mine also have n ML8 and they call it the perfect bike. They have had them for a 5 years and have had no problems at all. And these guys ride their bikes hard.

Ibis Mojo, Ellsworth Moment, Ventana EL Ciclon, Yeti 575,

[Jan 16, 2012]
    HPzie

OVERALL
    Strength:

Awesome

Awesome for just about everything, climb, descent, drops (8-10f) .... Does it all

SantaCruz

[Aug 25, 2011]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Climbing. Descending. Dropping 5 footers. Rock gardens. Slaying dragons on the weekend.

None.

The best bike I have ever ridden, period. Got a great deal on my ML8 after my Klein Palomino was stolen. My Klein was a really, really nice bike and this one is just a notch better. The extra travel, the plushness, and the weight of this bike make it untouchable. The build on this weighs in at about 1 pound more than my Klein did (28 vs 29 lbs), but you gain so much more in terms of confidence, huckability, overall stability while still maintaining incredible climbing capabilities. If you can afford it, but it. If you can't afford it, sell blood until you can.

Klein Palomino

[Aug 19, 2011]
    baha_boater

OVERALL
    Strength:

What can I add to what has been said... Climbs like a goat on fire, descends like a freight train, smooth and quiet. I was riding an Ellsworth Epiphany with all top shelf parts which is a fine bike and got tired of my buddy constantly riding away from me on climbs with his ML 7.5 with a double crown fork!!! So I purchased a Matic with SC32 and that was good but not like his 7.5. Bought a left over ML8 and it has become my favorite bike by far. Moved all my good parts over and had Suspension Experts trick out the DUC that is all she wrote. Everybody who throws a leg over it falls in love and is ruined for going back to their own rides. I have had guy's off high end 4" XC racing bikes rave over the climbing ability of the Maverick Mono Like Suspension. It is cool to walk away from a 4" bike when riding a 6.5" monster who would have thought that was possible. It is!!!

None really... Needs to be setup correctly but rewards you with an unbelievable ride up or down.

It is not "new" or have twelve links, brain shocks which it does not need or whatever but in my mind if it ain't broke don't fix it. I would not trade this bike for anything out there right now regardless of price. I sold the Maverick Matic w/DUC (Upgraded) to a buddy so I will probably pick up a Pivot 429 if I can find a deal on one. But my ML8 will still be my do it all ride I have no doubt of that.

If there were 10 Chilis I would peg them both..

Ellsworth ISIS, Ellsworth Epiphany, Maverick Matic, Maverick 7.5, Cannondale Prophet, Gary Fischer

[May 17, 2011]
    vetprowanab

OVERALL
    Strength:

PLUSHNESS! Solid frame construction. Very confidence inspiring. Through axle fork.

I never learned to rebuild the fork or rear damper myself. This would save you some time and money.

Love this bike. Made me feel 5 years younger instantly. Great climbing bike...not for it's weight, just a great climbing bike period. Very stiff front end with the DUC32 fork and the coil sprung assisted rear damper make it feel like a downhiller that can climb and eat up singletrack. If you want a bike that can bomb the downhills and hammer the climbs...this is it. I tend to like my bikes to have "soft" suspension which this one can certainly handle. Very comfortable plus it's strong as nails.

Yeti 575 (2006 model), numerous XC oriented bikes all the way back to 1991.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.