GT Force All Mountain Full Suspension

The Force is as rugged and burly as they come. Built with the same personality and capabilities of the Force Carbon, but in a more affordable package, this ride shreds every inch of mountain. 150 mm of travel, Independent Drivetrain suspension, and lightweight components makes the Force a true All-Mountain ride.

• Frame: GT designed 6061 Monocoque frame with Independent Drivetrain suspension. 150mm of r wheel travel. With new forged I-link. New pivot design and taper head tube
  • Fork: Rockshox Sektor TR R Coil, 150mm travel, tapered alloy steerer, 15mm drop-outs
  • Crank: Shimano Non-series 36/22 with bashguard
  • Rear Shock: Fox Float R Shock custom tuned

[May 15, 2019]
jimnyman

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely maneuverable and agile. Soaks up the bumps beautifully.

None that I can think of. I love my Force One Point Zero

[Aug 25, 2013]
Alexenduro
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Very flickable bike and feels light.

Handlebars are narrow and the tires are a bit skinny.

I rented this bike in Park City, Utah when the original bike shop I was going to rent from gave me a bike with bad brakes(needed to be bled). This bike completely surprised me. I went to the Canyons resort bike park and was able to hit the 30ft gaps with ease and throw whips no problem. The bike has a short cockpit and the bars are a bit narrow. Overall the bike performed great for what I was doing. If you want to see video footage of the bike, look up fulcrumproductionbox on youtube and look for the video titled "Rally Cat at the canyons".

[Jul 31, 2013]
Pavel

OVERALL
Strength:

fantastic and plush all-forgiving suspension
good components setup for 2013 model
'normal' weight for 150mm travel bike - the weight which you expect it to be.

external cabling
default tires (Maxxis Ardent 2.25) aren't good for wet terrain which I have in Moscow
Comparing to VPP suspension from SantaCruz GT's IDrive look a bit complex to maintain and clean, but it might be just a matter of practice

being a hardtail rider before I finally switched to full-suspension all-mountain GT Force 1. All in all bike worth it's money till last dollar - good handling, components setup, not too weighty (pretty much as I supposed it to be for all-mountain bike). Very forgiving CTD front fork and rear suspension. For my 181cm of height M size fit well, however L would be good as well - just a matter of what you're used to. Climbs very well - with 2x10 setup I switch front very rare, everywhere on the trails where I ride I climb with same speed as on hardtail (of course with rear suspension in Climb mode).

[Jun 03, 2013]
Nathan hill
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Its strength! this bike is amazing. I first got a GT force 1 aluminum and was so impressed I had to get the top shelf model. The suspension is active but never bouncy. If you have a BMX back ground or that type of riding style you will not be disappointed. I found the pivots easy to service - not that I needed to but when I first got it I wanted to see if it was a pain so I took it apart and serviced it and reassembled it - not difficult. Took me about an hour, maybe less next time. That was on the first force I bought and still have - has not needed to do it again yet

Non as yet

Totally impressed! the parts spec is incredible and these can be got relatively inexpensively used. I would rather have my farce carbon than any Yeti, Santa Cruz or Ibis Mojo for sure. Im not trying to impress w/ a brand name just enjoy the ride. GT got it right w/ the I-drive!

[Apr 06, 2013]
Wyatt

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value for money, sturdy frame, geometry, no pedal bob

doesn't come with quick release collar for seat post

This is the best bike I have ever purchased. I could not find any other bike at this price that had the same level of specs. The FOX CDT shock is awesome - at the flick of a switch you can open full speed compression for downhill descents and then switch it to trail mode for flat single track etc. The Sektor fork is surprisingly plush and sturdy.
I-drive is easy to maintain as it works just like a headset, all you need it a set of Allen keys.
Great for all-mountain riding, XC and beginner downhill tracks.

[Mar 04, 2013]
Charles Evelyn

OVERALL
Strength:

gets you into mountain biking.

oh where to begin ........ the only thing that is worth anything is the sektor forks. the wheels were garbage, the frame is garbage, and so is the drivetrain.

if you don't ride very hard and are not looking to grow as a mtber then buy the bike. if you plan on growing and becoming a fairly decent rider save your money buy not throwing it into the wind with the pos bike. i have had it for less than a year already bent the wheels, cracked the frame(which apparently is common with these bikes), and have had to replace those ****ing brackets that holds on to your rear wheel and derailleur i don't know how many times. ***k this bike!

[Nov 25, 2012]
Nate

OVERALL
Strength:

great looks - strongs welds - super easy to service pivots, and easy to get too - good price - great suspension design (Yeti SB66 is a knok-off of the idrive) yes it works and w/o the crappy pivot bearings the yeti has, read the reviews, lots of unhappy yeti customers.

the derailuer hangers are really expensive

I was happy with the bike i had but got the GT force because i had read great reviews and happened across an awesome deal. WOW the ride is incredible, RP23 on the frame works great and i have had no creaking as yet but for the 2010 that i have its a simple BB tool to disassemble, not a big deal. A one piece rear triangle means a latterally rear end. And yea i stand by my statement that Yeti copied the i-drive. its basically up-side-down but the phisics are the same and i would not trade this for the SB66 because it has a low bottom bracket and the GT has a much higher one (thats a personal preferance thing) Any way a great bike. if i change it will be for a carbon fiber GT force frame.

[Sep 17, 2012]
eric

OVERALL
Strength:

feels like it can take anything, solid bike. Adjustable seat post while riding. FAST on the downhill. great gearing for uphill sections

none so far. except I miss my front suspension lockout switch I have on my other hybrid bike.

Let me start by saying I do NOT know a whole lot about all the different levels of components and differences between frame styles and such. I like to ride, that's it.
I bought this Saturday (9.15.2012) at jensonUSA. Amazing price on the 2012 closeouts and they were so nice to put it together for me right there so I didn't have to drive back all the way from santa monica. I'm coming from a 2010 GT transeo 2.0 so this is my first full suspension bike and first mid level mountain bike. So far I love it.! I got more than twice as far up this trail than last time i went on my transeo due to the better gearing, and it feels a lot more rugged and stable. Gives ya more rider confidence. On the downhill it was Very Fast. My favorite feature is the HiLo adjustable seat post. Much nicer than jumping off the bike every ten minutes to adjust to the trail. Looks sick with the white paint and red aluminum hardware. All around I couldn't be happier and wish I had more free time to get out there.! also I got a Large frame and am about 6'1" and 225lbs. Seat seem a little high when I have it up for climbing but it might just be the difference in geo going from the transeo street/trail bike to a dedicated mountain bike. A few more rides and I'm sure the transeo will feel weird if/when I get back on it. If you wanna keep your bill under $1900 and get a killer bike, I think this is a great option. Also don't know how much it weighs but feels pretty light lifting it in and out of my buddies truck bed.

[Jun 06, 2012]
Timoshenko

OVERALL
Strength:

bought in 2011, great bike, recently added Reverb seat post which changes ease of use and improves overall performance.

creaks very quickly but first decent service sorts this out, fox talas front forks can be unreliable, away to fox for a full innards replacement so will update following further use, only 70 hours so under the recco'd 100 service interval. Line routing is poor but can be changes to prevent wear of frame

would consider buying GT again but may look elsewhere, new, old stock made this a reasonable purchase, good componentry, poor back up from dealer so now getting services elswhere.

[May 26, 2012]
xeric13x
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

iDrive system, Feel solid, Decent parts

Factory wheels don't stay true, Not of fan of the grips, Creaky, Powerlock on the chain (WTF?)

This is my first bike after being out w/ an injury for almost 2 years and I've had it for about 3 months. It pedals like a hardtail and the bike itself feels really solidly built. Seems like it will basically take any abuse and it just keeps on ticking. I'm used to riding a hardtail, so this thing does feel a bit on the heavy side which is expected w/ a FS bike. The parts are decent minus the wheels and grips. The wheels do not say true. The grips just aren't very sticky, but I like grips that feel like bubble gum and fatter. I also swapped out the pedals to ones I like more, but the factory pedals felt pretty grippy on the test ride. I think another review said it does ride pretty high up which you get used to pretty quick. But having a higher BB = the ability ride ride over taller obstacles w/o issue. The chain is a Sram chain and the 10 speed Sram chains have PowerLock (not PowerLink). PowerLocks are about $4 to replace and are "supposed" to be replaced after taken them off. My chain has been replaced with a KMC. Overall, the bike is awesome. Nothing NEEDS to be swapped out except the garbage wheels. Luckily I got mine cheap enough used (and only a year old) that I can upgrade the already pretty good parts.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.