Gary Fisher Roscoe I All Mountain Full Suspension

• Frame: 6011 hydroformed butted aluminum mainframe & swingarm, G2 Geometry, top swing magnesium link, semi-integrated E2 headtube, ABP
  • Wheels: Bontrager 15mm QR thru-axle Alloy hub, Shimano M525SL hubs, Bontrager Duster rims, Bontrager XDX tires
  • Componentry: SRAM X.7 front derailleur, SRAM X.9 rear derailleur, SRAM X.7 shifters, Shimano FC-M542 crank, Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Suspension: Fox Float RL, 140mm travel, custom G2 Geometry 46mm offset crown; Custom Fox Float RP2 with DRCV, 2-position Pro Pedal

[Jul 13, 2011]
lvspeed

OVERALL
Strength:

magic Fisher steering, bomb proof for me, easy to use and effective lock outs, wants to get air, flies over impossible rough ground, easy to modulate brakes, fast shifting, makes good rider great, feathery light, can win xc race at fast local level, the more & higher drops the better, climbs as good as most hard-tails, Gary Fisher mojo and spirit included free

hard, small grips. no platform pedal set included. curl on seat-post quick release to small. never liked grey paint. If you race xc all summer you might find speed on hard flat trails better on real racer.

can do every trail at whistler, no speed limit on curvy trails, set up easy using included gauge thing, love the susp pump, even my size doesn`t over work anything, stays in adjustment for ages, Fisher, now Trek, HAS to be loosing money on every Roscoe 1. With middle level components, no way price can cover exotic construction and suspension bits. New Porsche Turbo quality and performance at basic Corvette price.

trek fuel ex, cannondale xc race & all mountain bikes, devinci all mountain, cove bikes, transition 450

[Oct 09, 2009]
rolledupeights
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Its lite? I guess. Seems fast. I bought it cause it feels closer to a bmx bike, and I can throw it around like one. It fits ME really well.

The bars seem weak. They flex when pulling on them hard. I am afraid I am going to break them. I replaced the pedals with BMX pedals. How do you expect me to do no-footers with clips? The real shock broke on my first ride, they replaced it right away.

I was watching vids on Youtube and I came across the Mountain bikers catching heaps of air. It looked like fun, so after a few months of riding bikes and research, I got this bad boy. It feels good for me and is easy to throw around. I have hit some sweet jumps, big drops, long rides, steep hills. Going up hill sucks, but not because of the bike! It goes wherever you point it. 5.5 inches of travel is plenty for 6 foot drops. Took it to Sedona. Perfect. Took it to Chiva Falls in Tucson. Was great. Rode all over San Diego. I dont know much about this Mountain Biking, but dang is it fun!

??

[May 15, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Feels like its built strong - very planted on downhills and pro pedal and lock out aids up hill

does take some practice up steep ascents due to the g2 geometry - helps if you fling it about on the road at speed to build confidence as you soon find you can chuck it about. Group set is ok but could be better in parts. Standard wheels soon took a hit. Maybe the paint could have a bit more gloss! Brakes lack a little adjustability.

Love the handling and the surety on rapid descents . Now running at quite high tyre pressures along with a low sag rear shock and bike absolutely flies. Tyres are perhaps more focused to drier climates .

[May 03, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike looks like a bomb could hit it and it would still keep rolling. It climbs well and descends like it can't wait to get to the bottom. If you're fast, this bike will make you faster. If you're slow, it'll speed you up.

The Fox DRCV shock does exactly what it says on the tin - similar performance to a coil shock but with the weight and tunability of an air shock.

The tyres that come with this bike (big Bontrager 2.4 inchers) are useless in typical Welsh weather. One sniff of mud or loose stuff and they lose all traction. Best to change them for something with bigger side knobs at least.

This is, quite simply, the best bike I've ever ridden. It does everything, and does it well. It's given me the confidence to try (and pull off) things I would never have dreamed of trying on previous bikes.

Unless you're a cross-country racer watching every ounce of weight or a downhiller/freerider wanting eight inches of travel and a huge frame, you'll be happy with this bike.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.