Avanti Torrent 3 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Saddle: Zero Zealth Team

[Aug 15, 2013]
Kevin McPherson

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight Wheels and drive train, High end componets

seat post quick release

Been riding this bike for a year now. It helps you to ride harder. So reliable . Had a creaking noise when pedalling but this was seat post qr once replaced with bolt on problem solved. Being a aged we warrior fitted a x9 3x10 and now have gears for any occasion. young legs can drive 2x10 easily. Really enjoy riding this bike. Handles well Good quality parts

specialised epic, gt I drive. ibis mojo

[Jul 06, 2012]
hughj2015

OVERALL
Strength:

The weight, 2 by 10 drivetrain and easton haven wheels.

i have owned this bike for a few months now, i am riding faster and better than ever. avanti use a tried and tested 4 point linkage system, as a result the wheel moves vertically rather than diagonally. when riding you can really feel how it just sucks up the small bumps. the 2 by 10 drivetrain provides an awesome ratio that just doesn't compare to any 3 by 10 bike. in conclusion i have risen this bike on dh trails to super steep and endurance style xc tracks. this bike is an everything bike. it is just so versatile and when you realise it only weighs 12.56kg it is truly mind-blowing how well this bike handles.

[Jan 17, 2012]
kiwisteve

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice balanced overall package, hugely ridable straight out of the shop. Climbs great, descends very well. Great price on one with 2012 components (Elixir R, X-9 / X-0, RP23 etc) in a 2011 frame. 140mm travel with solid Fox shock & fork combo (much needed after my experience with Specialized's excelent if initially unreliable suspension). Not many around...

Lower bottom bracket compared to my Enduro (which I will get over). Slight play in Easton Haven rear hub after half a dozen rides...

The Torrent 3 replaced my Enduro SL Expert which got too heavy for an old codger to schlep about. Net result is I'm climbing MUCH easier and descending NOT MUCH slower (which has led to the odd close-run thing...). Now I need to relearn how NOT to ground my pedals on flowing singletrack - the Torrent really encourages me to preserve my momentum!

Stumpjumper Comp (2005); Enduro SL Expert (2007).

[Aug 24, 2011]
Swivel

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame
Suspension travel and lockout / pro pedal
Easton cockpit and rims
XO 2 x 10

Haven't found any yet

This bike is light and really climbs like a mountain goat. Soft compound KENDA Navagal tyres hang on like glue. With 140mm travel on the front and 135mm on the rear this weapon will have you descending faster than a Torrent.

Performs in all conditions. As far as upgrades I put a Rox shock adjustable seat post on it which I would defiantly recommend but apart from that don’t touch it, just ride it. You’ll have your mates picking dirt out of their teeth every weekend!!

Take one out and test it, you wont be disappointed

I know this bike is a Trail and not a XC but it's Far superior to a JAMIS XCR Race which I've owned

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.