Specialized Epic 29er Hardtail

Our Epic Hardtail singlehandedly takes hardtail alloy XC bikes into the modern age, with the most capable geometry out there and a build kit that's all business. We built the entire frame from our top notch M5 Alloy to ensure an ultra-stiff, lightweight, and highly responsive ride quality that's well suited for XC racing. We've also tweaked the geometry for more speed and stability by slacking-out the head tube angle, lengthening the top tube, and correcting the seat tube angle. This way, it feels more planted then ever, and frankly, it's stupid fast. We also widened the rear spacing to 12x142mm and included internal cable routing. For the build, this Epic hits right on the money, opting for a custom-tuned RockShox Reba RL fork and 11-speed Shimano SLX shifting.

OVERALL
Strength:

Having come off another XC HT the Fsi, I have a lot to compare to. The Epic shares a slightly slacker geo with the Fsi and many newer race bikes. I weight just north of 210 and am happy to report it supports me well. Climbing is great as you would expect. The power transfer is direct, even more so that the Fsi. Descending the bike can be a handful and I suspect this will improve when I select a larger set of tires. Mine is a custom build from a frameset and weighs 19.94lbs in size Large with bottle cage, garmin mount and XTR Race pedals.

As you might expect from a HT, the bike deflects a bit on rough downhill and the SID WC fork can be a bit harsh.

[Aug 07, 2018]
DDRIII

OVERALL
Strength:

Just bought this bike after owning a Crave XXL, that turned out to be just a little to big. Went with an XL this time with a dropper post. Only been out on it once, but it was a real joy to ride. Don't have any complaints about it yet. Going to get out again this week on it, so we'll see.

Don't know yet

Price Paid:
2018

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.