Scott Scale 950 29er Hardtail

• Frame: SCOTT Scale 29 Alloy 6061
  • Fork: FOX 32 Float 29 Evolution CTD Air
  • Remote System: SCOTT LRD suspension technologie
  • Headset: Ritchey OE 1 1/8"
  • Brake Levers: Shimano BL-M505 Disc

[Oct 03, 2015]
matheos

OVERALL
Strength:

Good fun to ride and light enough for me.

Massive front wheel judder when breaking.

This is the highest spec bike I have ever owned and I'm new to suspension bikes of any type. When I took the bike off road on its first trip out I thought it was great. Rough terrain seemed no problem. However on the road I noticed a full on mental front wheel judder when ever I used the front break, even at low speed. I took it back to evans cycles where I bought it and they said it's a cheep front rotar and because it's not a through axle this is to be expected.. not what I expect from any bike. I've had cheaper bikes that handle better under breaking. Not good enough scott....

[Jul 25, 2015]
Lewis Hill

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent components

Only one color

frame geometry compticion

[Jan 16, 2015]
Carlos Santos

OVERALL
Strength:

XT rear derailleur, SLX shifters

Brakes, pedals

1,5 year riding this awesome 29er, slides down a hill in a sec, leaving all 26er behing.
Good value for the equipment that it has by default. Made my first upgrade today: XT brake set.

[Mar 08, 2014]
sergio

OVERALL
Strength:

Technical steep down and quality

weight, climbability

I would have to say that for the money and researching for over six months, I dont think I could have done better under 1800.00. This bike bombs downhill like a demon, gives you confidence over technical and steep descents. It is also very good on tight single tracks. It is a little heavier than advertised like 27 pounds. It is no wimp but I knew that going in, I would rather have a tank than a spindly disposable bike. Steep climbs are not so good on this thing for bay area, nor cal grinders but that just might be me still dialing it in. I would recommend this bike for the money all in all a solid entry level race bike but more importantly fun!

[Sep 02, 2013]
v123

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame, gearshift

Wheels, brakes

Chose this bike from several offers and found it being the best compared to others. I really like the frame geometry. You can really feel how the design has made real end softer thanks to nonlinear seat tube. The bike is relatively light, i believe best in this price range, altough my XL setup weights over 12kg-s (27,1 lbs) stated 11,7kg in specs. I will definitely change the wheelset. It has some poor Alex rims with Deore rear hub (noname front hub) and heavy HG-62 rear sprocket. Also brake performance is smth im not satisfied compared to my previous LX/XT setup that i really miss. Brake levers feel great but i would prefer more breaking power. Fox fork is somehow weaker than i expected, it plays a lot under braking. The remote 3 way lock doesnt seem to have any effect in the middle position. But the full lock works great. SLX shifters fith SLX/XT deraillure are really great. Will try to change some parts and bring it below 11kg, then its superb!

Only 26ers

[Aug 08, 2013]
LONO100
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

weight, components, geometry, great fork, shifts like butter, looks great

pedals, chain slap,

this is one of the best purchases ive made hands down in terms of value. for 1700 bucks, the components and the quality frame are out of this world. im a shorter rider and wanted a small sized frame, and i was suprised at how well the 29" wheels arent even noticeable on the smaller frame. the best feature about this bike is the fox float 29 CTD fork. its an awesome fork, and the remote switch works great. by far the best fork ive ever owned, not that thats saying much because ive rode rigid and cheap forks prior.

the bike climbs like an escalator, and handles well. switchbacks are a breeze even with the large wheels. the biggest gripe i have is with the horrible pedals. the wellgo m-21's feel small and slippery. it was like i was standing on two wet bars of soap. i just got new pedals (deity compounds form jenson) but havent tried them out yet. my other gripe is with the width of the handlebars. they are just too wide, but not a big deal. ill probably chop them.

value wise, i dont think it gets much better than this. its a quality bike, and for a great price. it made my transition to 29ers very smooth.

GT avalanche 1.0, kona muni-mula

[Jun 30, 2013]
Firespinner

OVERALL
Strength:

components vs price; weight (25.5) , fast, remote folk lockout

sizing, wheel set

After a few weeks of reviewing and test riding bikes I ended up with a scale 950. One of the simplest reasons was just the value of the bike. For under $1800 I was able to get a bike that was just a light as entry carbon (such as the Felt elite) with the same component that would have run in the somewhere around $2500.

As far as the bike itself: it's fast! This is my first 29er and I have to say that it's been a great switch from the 26 world. The scale handle very well and takes tight switch backs just as well as my 26 did. Being able to lock the fork via the handlebar control is awesome and really saves time during races.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.