Raleigh Tekoa series XC 29er Hardtail

• Frame: Direct Connect Carbon, Kevlar Reinforced Tapered Headtube, E-Thru 12x142, Internal Cable Routing
  • Fork: Fox F29 CTD 100mm w/15mm Thru Axle, Tapered Steer Tube
  • Headset: FSA NO.42 / ACB
  • Cranks: FSA SLK Megaexo, UD Carbon, 38/24t
  • Bottom Bracket: FSA

[Nov 17, 2016]
Boomer

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong wheels, smooth Shimano groupo, really good looking.

The Suntour Raidon air fork offers somewhat smooth ride, but it weighs 4lbs and does not dampen as well as I'd like. It is difficult to find to a setting that controls the bumps and is easy on the wrists. I hear its about the same quality as a Rockshox Recon, but I don't know for sure.

I've been riding this bike, the 2016 Raleigh Tekoa Comp for a year now. It is strong, fairly smooth, about the right weight for its price. The thru axles and tubless-ready wheels and tires are great. I've taken it on city streets, single tracks and double tracks. Last year I took it on the Iceman Cometh 30 mile race and this year I took it on the Slush Cup 8-mile race. It is a good, capable bike, and the components are just right for its price. I purchased it for about $900 at my LBS. The chain stretched way too soon, at just over 200 miles but that was only a $30 fix. As noted above, the main thing I'm not crazy about is the front fork. Its a bit heavy, a bit stiff (but hey, its an entry-level air shock, so I got what I paid for).

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.