Novara Ponderosa 29er Hardtail

Updated to bring the awesome, the Novara Ponderosa® 29er hardtail mountain bike features a remote lockout on the 80mm fork for easy adjustment on the fly.

• Butted 6061 aluminum frame features an S-bend down tube and bent seat tube for enhanced handling and performance
  • Set to soak up rough terrain, the 80mm SR Suntour XCR fork features an alloy steerer, magnesium lowers, preload adjustment and remote, bar-top lockout
  • Sturdy Shimano Deore/SLX 27-speed drivetrain ensures reliable performance for tackling varying terrain
  • Shimano Deore mechanical disc brakes use CenterLock design for enhanced performance and low profile
  • Flashy double-walled Weinmann rims are decked out with the lightweight, 60TPI WTB Nano Race tires for fast-rolling performance
  • WTB Pure V Race saddle features a leather cover for comfort and durability

[Dec 25, 2014]
josh

OVERALL
Strength:

Great deal for pricepoint.

For the pricepoint I dont think they could offer much better components....but they could sell it with some decent tires without upping the price too much. The stock tires are bad.

Great deal. The components could be better of course, but then the bike would cost more. Everything is functional and durable, the drivetrain is probably the strongest portion of the components...fork and brakes are alright. I have ridden this thing extremely hard (I have broken two other frames this past year and a half) and it has handled everything....frankly I am surprised it hasn't broken yet. I am well pleased and definitely recommend it if you can't afford to drop much $.

Note, you will almost certainly want to swap out the tires, so figure that into the price.

[Aug 23, 2013]
jon

OVERALL
Strength:

2013 model corrects older deficiencies, Sram X7 2x10, now better air forks, hydraulic brakes, REI warranty

boring B&W paint job

I have the 2013 model, which has much better components. Newer, better front forks, SR Suntour Raidon-LO Air 29, 100mm of travel with lockout (get good review at mbr), weight is now only 28.5 lbs., newer 2x10 Sram X7 derailleur set (I like it much better than 3x9 or 10). Tektro Auriga Pro Hydraulic Disc are working very well for me, although MTR only gives them a 2.5 rating. Price is now $1000 list, but really $800 to $900 with the usual REI discounts or rebates. I couldn't find a better bike with equivalent grade components and weight for the price. Overall gets very good reviews by users.

[Sep 15, 2010]
ducksrunner

OVERALL
Strength:

Great at climbing, very comfortable on the road, high top speed...just a joy to ride.

Maybe a tad heavy..

I'm 6'2", 210 pounds. I have the XL (sizing is Medium, Large, XL) and love it. I've done downhill and cyclocross and it handles great. Finally have a bike that's great for trails but can also cruise on the road. I'm convinced that I couldn't find a better value for the price (reduced from $900 to $649). I'm new to MTBing and couldn't be more happy with the 29 inch wheels

[Aug 28, 2010]
weasel888

OVERALL
Strength:

components

pedals

everyone cries about the fork and weight and this and that. THEN WHY DID YOU BUY IT? i think the set up is great!!! and if you think it is too heavy maybe you should ride more fatties... as well as how much the folk moves.... uhm just a thought ADJUST IT!!! no bs here just tired of all he crying. the Ponderosa is well worth its WEIGHT in gold... dont listen to all these cry babies about the weight and fork. it is a solid ride and well worth the money...

IBEX, Specialized

[Apr 19, 2010]
woopya

OVERALL
Strength:

Big Tires and Rims take up all the small bumps my Full Suspension Specialized Used to. This bike handles better than anything I've ridden. Shifters, Derailers,Crank and Brakes are Good enough and the Handlebars and stem are decent.

The Fork Will Be my 1st Upgrade By next year maybe. I'm used to at least a Tora sl dual air fork. Platform Pedals are useless because your foot will hit the front tire.

So Far, I think this bike is perfect for me. I only have a couple of good rides on it. It actually handles Better than My full Susp Bike.The 1st thing to replace should be your pedals, Next would be the Fork. Dont forget to download google MyTracks on your Droid to track your exact progress on the trail as well as Miles,MPH average ETC.

Other Hardtails and Specialized XC Comp FSR.

[Mar 25, 2010]
eraser535

OVERALL
Strength:

Handles great and rolls over obstacles like nothing else. Solid bike, BB7 brakes, x7 derailleurs, great components for price range.

Weight could be lighter

Great components for its price range and handles great. I would recommend it as a good entry -mid level hardtail 29er.
Excellent value for money and can't beat REI guarantee.

Old Schwinn

[Jan 17, 2010]
mg

OVERALL
Strength:

Rolls over obstacles. great climbing in rock gardens. huge footprint/doesn't sink in soft stuff.

heavy/ fork flexes quite a bit.

Pretty sweet. would be nice if it was lighter and stiffer but for the price it was the best I found.

lots of hardtails

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.