Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er 29er Hardtail

Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er '11. 29ER Series: Big wheels equal big speed and big fun, and Marin's 29er series has a bike to suite every rider. From the all-new race bred carbon CXR 29er, smooth riding Pine Mountain or the bang for the buck Bolinas Ridge 29e

[Jan 31, 2015]
larson

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap. great parts. got it from a bike store for $600 out the door.

HERVY!!!

I bought this bike a few weeks ago and i was wondering is i could wax it with car wax? Thanks

[Jul 25, 2014]
Aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame.

Front forks, and overall weight of chain set

Ok , 6ft 6 guy, need a new bike...this bolinas looks cool and gets me to the position I can ride in for hours...factory stock a little heavy for my liking but hey , new rock shox and chain set is a must to lighten the load....change the forks straight away and you get a bike that handles well ....don't know why they bother putting such crap forks on. Fun bike.not for serious aggressive stuff til you upgrade a few bits....I'm nearly fifty years old and thought to calm down after riding my kona muni mula for many years.....calm down, chill man.....no way .....age is a state of mind....take me to the ridge....bolinas ridge...

[Nov 20, 2013]
luis yanez

OVERALL
Strength:

Hi quality, Frame is very solid and stiff. Paint and decals gorgeous. Bike seems light and rides fantastic. I have only done moderate trails so far. Pedals uphill easily.

Tectro brakes Take awhile to break in, but once broken in, They work great.

Best bang for the buck out there. Paid $425 new including shippung. Very happy with my purchase. Hangs right in there with the Big buck bikes. Much Better than the diamondback and lightyears ahead of the old mongoose.

Diamondback overdrive, mongoose xr100

[Sep 08, 2013]
Mark Varona

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame is light and stiff. Rims and tires are nice too.

Tektro Brakes were not actually gripping the rotors that much specially on wet conditions.
The front fork is really heavy. It could be the heaviest part of the bike.
Grips had big knobs which gives your hand aches during long rides.

I upgraded the DT to the 2013 2x10 XT and it performs very well. very light bike for its price (14kg). i still have to upgrade the front fork.

[Nov 10, 2012]
kjlued

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice components for an entry level 29er at this price.
Seems to be well built and very solid.

Grips slip (needs locking grips)
Pedals are plastic junk but most bikes that come with pedals come with junk because everyone has a different preference
Seat is a little crappy but better then many stock seats (again most bikes come with crappy seats)
Front fork is junk but does the trick. What do you expect though for a bike in this price range?

I paid $499 for this bike new at REI on close out (reg $679)
Personally, I think it is the best bang for the buck and a lot better then Diamond Back Overdrive I had prior to it.
If you want a rock solid bike that wont break the bank and put you on the trails this is a great choice.
I ride mostly moderate to difficult trails in Western NC and the bike does well and gets me the same places just as well as my friends on $3k bikes.

If you have $3k you can spend on bike then certainly get a $3k bike.
But if you are on a budget and need to stay well under $1k then this bike is incredible and you won't be disappointed.

Eventually, I will get a much nicer, probably full suspension 29er but until then, this one makes me smile every time I get on it.

Diamond Back Overdrive

[Apr 23, 2012]
JamesEitz

OVERALL
Strength:

First serious MTB.

Is working great for me!

Stock Tires were not aggressive enough for me. Also had to change out the stock cranks, one of the arms got stripped out.

LOVE my bike !

[Apr 09, 2012]
nwebber19

OVERALL
Strength:

It looks pretty, and will catch air nicely.

It is heavy! It's not a bike but a tank. It will not roll over anything, but through it. the brakes are sketchy at best and the front fork can't handle out of seat pedaling. I had to max the pre load to get it stiff enough to handle tech trails.

its a great beginers bike, or a great hill trainer.

[Jul 13, 2011]
nocturnal12

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent frame and build quality that you can expect from Marin. Very basic, but functional components. Perfect for upgrading when components break or needs replacement. The front fork by SR Suntour is nothing close to acceptable and heavy and should be replaced at sometime, but then the bike is priced accordingly.

Tektro crap that came with bike.

The bike handles well and looks great. However, the clearance for the rear wheel is tight and will limit putting anything bigger than Conti Race King that comes with the bike. Also, the front derailer is attached with the problem solver on seat tube, which tends to move sideways after few hundred miles and needs adjusted when on trail. Overall, a great bike.

[Jul 03, 2011]
kopper8

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame, wonderful riding experience, just fun to ride it

Breaks, not good enough

A great deal, feels like a million dollar bike, a huge leap from my me previouds 26" bike, Front suspension is really good, the 29" wheels are the right size for people around 6 foot tall or more

Other mountain bikes

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.