Lynskey Performance Designs Live Wire 29er Hardtail

Searching for a trail bike that"s beyond nimble in hard accelerations and rips up mountain climbs? Don"t settle for a carbon compromise — Live Wire shreds the switchbacks with no limits — engineered to be our lightest-toughest 3AL/2.5V titanium hardtail frame — it"s damn fast and crazy fun — just like the Tennessee trail it"s named after. Setup as a 27.5 Plus or 29er this is your bike for the dirt you ride.

Available Models:

• XTR

[Sep 08, 2019]
sixfellas

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this bike with the Eagle GX basic build with the Helm fork. I’m 6’0” and I bought a large. a medium would have been too small. A XL might fit if you really like to be stretched out. Lynskey customer service was absolutely wonderful. I had a little issue with shipping and they really took care of me really well. I bought this bike to fit two scenarios: 1: To fill the gap between my cross country bike and the gravel bike. Sometimes I end up on miles of fire road that is really too rough for a cross bike but too long to drag a full suspension. 2: Foul weather. I’ve found that it has become my go-to all around bike. As it’s billed it is stiff enough to be pounded on a bit when the trail gets rough, but it’s considerably lighter than I expected. While i’m not a competitive racer, for someone who wants to use it for racing and wants a hardtail this wouldn’t be a bad choice. The geometry is slightly more laid back than even my 429 SL but it still handles the tight switchbacks VERY well. It descends like a dream for a hardtail and while i’m not a huge rider the stiffness inspires confidence. I’ve heard occasional on the forums that Lynskey’s frames are “entry level” or “not nearly as nice” as brand X or brand Y. Let me tell you that is nothing but a bunch of BS coming from riders that spend more time taking about riding than actually out on the trail. I’ve lived in areas like that, and if that’s where or how you live, get a Moots, a Seven or some other Ti frame that costs twice as much. The welds on my frame are very well done. Lynskey builds frames for many other manufactures and they seem to know how to do it. Will you give two sh***s if the welds are not an absolute perfect “spilled stack of new coins” 2 seconds after dirt hits your tires? I hope not. Just get out and ride it! Thats what this bike is for, a do anything hardtail that won’t leave you stranded.

Basically very little. The basic build included Magura brakes. I don’t love them. They modulate very well but absolute power is lacking even after bedding. I talked to Lynskey and they offered to change out the brakes to an XT or similar for minimal charge at build time but for some reason I didn’t do it. Hard to fault the bike for my own choice. Lynskey said it was not a problem at all to swap them out. I was just cheap and didn’t do it.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2019

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.