KHS Aguila 29er Hardtail

• Brake Levers: Bengal Helix 5.0

[May 19, 2020]
motojack100

OVERALL
Strength:

I find it to be a very comfortable bike with smooth shifting and a sturdy/stable feel. I feel like I can just keep pushing it and not have to worry about it failing me.

The stock tires are very street-oriented and skinny, so the traction wasn’t great, but I found that with some aggressive off-road tires this bike handles amazing and has lots of grip.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Apr 12, 2013]
Dan Thompson

OVERALL
Strength:

Guys if the bike would just work for me weekly and not be in the shop due to my brake issues i would love this bike.

factory defects on my rear stay they are not level im sending my bike back to the dealer and asking for a full refund.

i wish i could say go buy one but i cant and i bought a total of 5 KHS mountain bikes, and out of the 5 one has not had any issues yet.

[Sep 11, 2012]
jesterz99

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame , geometry , tires

havent found any yet

I put a 1x9 truvativ crank and good flats and it and seat. so i never used the other parts. The bike rides great, feels like a 26'. The frame is a real beauty , with an outstanding look . The fork seems good so far.
My first upgrade will be wheels , then bars ! other than that ill see.
With my 1x9 setup the bike rides great and i am glad my lbs guy recomended this bike. Well done KHS

[Feb 20, 2012]
mrjasonc

OVERALL
Strength:

Bigger 29" wheels seem great for climbing and leveled riding as they will travel further with each push and pull of the pedals. Stock Kenda tires are a decent all terrain tire that grip an average trail and don't get chewed up quick on the road. For the price point of the Aguila the hydraulic braking system is a nice touch. Frame seems well built with it dbl butted design. The RST fork could be upgraded but is a good stock fork for this price point.

As the 29'er strengths lets face it, there are definite down falls as well. With the bigger wheel size comes more weight on the rims which makes this bike heavier (but at this price point it weighs in around the same as its 26" predecessors. Wheels also cause it to be less manuveurable on a twisty single track. It's weaknesses are basically te weakness of "all" 29'ers

I have not recieved shipment of my bike yet but demo'd this bike at short hills. The bike for taller riders is perfect.Decent components for under $1000.00. I went with this bike for exactly those reasons. I looked at Jamis Trail X3 $479.00, Norco Scrambler @ $499.00 and the Cannondale Trail 5 @ $669.00, all of which were around same pricing (within $100 of eachother) and this KHS just seemed to make a lot of sense. Got a lot extra for the extra $100 movement in budget.