Jamis Exile Race 29er Hardtail

• BB Set: Shimano SLX integrated

[Mar 17, 2014]
RVApete

OVERALL
Strength:

Components, design

Wheels

I bout one of these on close out earlier this week and love it! It's my first serious mountain bike. It rolls over obstacles with ease that I wouldn't even try on my old giant revel 26". The design allows this bike to climb or drop down steep hills with ease. The only thing I upgraded was the rear wheels because I bent a rim when I was testing it in the parking lot.

[Sep 29, 2012]
JasonScottCarter

OVERALL
Strength:

Great components (Shimano SLX with Rock Shox Recon Silver Fork), strong triple butted frame that's also very light, good saddle out of the box.

The tires that come from it from the factory are only good for dry single track. If you ride them out in wet conditions, you don't have much traction at all. Tires are the only upgrade I am currently thinking about.

This is my first 29er, and I love it so far. Great value for the price. A lot of bikes in this price range won't have highend drive components and a good fork out of the box. This bike has both. Going over roots and logs is not a problem for me anyway. Having 10 speeds also was nice for going quick on flat terrain. The frame is very light, and helps with climbing hills. Hayes break system stops on a dime, and the Rock Shox fork has a lock out, so you can ride it on paved roads as well. Great bike.

[May 08, 2012]
jm

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame and geometry. SLX digs....great climber fairly light

could have used a REBA or Fox instead of the Recon AIr. also though the REcon has several attributes of the REba. Worked nice until I swapped for LEFTY.

This things is now an absolute beast ever since the LEFTY was mounted. Very fast rolls over everything and the suspension upgrade to me is spot on. Now the bike is just a dazzler with the FRAM GEOMETRY and the LEFTY SHOCK

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.