Giant XTC Advanced 29er Hardtail

At the core of this premium-level mountain bike is a featherweight composite frameset designed to handle the specific geometry demands of 29-inch wheels. An elite mix of light weight, comfort and performance handling are built into each frame, offering the advanced off-roader the opportunity to pilot a bona-fide 29er hardtail.

[Nov 16, 2018]
mayoub

OVERALL
Strength:

Every bike has it’s strengths and weaknesses. I rode the bike before buying it and I liked the ride better than the others I was considering. Strengths 1. Full XT gear 2. Very good price for Carbon Frame bike 3. Carbon components 4. Weight is 23 lbs 5. Fox shock that came with the bike is nice I swapped to Roval Carbon wheels and they make a difference in ride enjoyment. I am 6’0 and 235 LBS I’m riding a large frame and I typically ride at Stoney creek park in Michigan. Mostly single track trails. Previous bike (which I still have and ride). 2005 Trek Top Fuel 98. I bought a new bike to get newer xt components, my old bike has some issues with its xt gear, and Also to have a 29er.

Swapped out handlebars and wheels, made the bike perfect for me.

Price Paid:
Model Year:
2016
[Mar 19, 2018]
debusama

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, good climber, Full XT drive train and brakes and Fox fork (2016xtc Advanced 29er 1)

Double chain ring, Non-tubeless wheels/tires, Twitchy ride. This bike was the last year before some big changes were made, (which is why it was so deeply discounted when I bought it). Also, the Frame Broke, which sucks, I replaced it with an aluminum Fathom frame because I always thought Carbon was a bad idea for mountain bikes and this bike proved me right. This is probably a great race bike for a serious racer. I am am an occasional racer, and I used it as my daily driver, which didn't work out well.

Price Paid:
2,300
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.