EWR Bikes OWB 29er 29er Hardtail

• True Temper Supertherm & Columbus Nivacrom butted tubing
  • Reinforced Head Tube
  • Externally butted seat tube, lower overall height
  • Bi-Flovalized top tube and tapered rear stays
  • All cable guides "Hydro-style" for full-length cable housing
  • Clamp-on seat collar
  • Hand made in Pennsylvania - TIG Welded

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 15, 2009]
    Charlie Mulligan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very Fast. Fantastic in technicals and downhill, especially for a hard tail. Great climber too. Faster and more fun than all my other bikes (I have 8 total). Feels strangely plush for a hardtail.

None.

It's really hard to explain how great this bike is. I've ridden all types of bikes for many years, but nothing comes close to this bike. My favorite (before this) was my Santa Cruz Heckler. I'm more about riding technical trails and all mountain riding and almost never race. However, this bike made me much faster instantly, AND it's still awesome in the technical. Really, no other 29er I've tried rides anything like this. No other mountain bike rides anything like this. I just rode the Stoopid 50 and was bookin by everyone in the technical and the downhill - racers much faster than me. And it climbs great. This bike probably shaved an hour off my time and I'm not kidding.
    Seriously, this bike does everything exceptionally well. Extremely fast and extremely fun. The bike builder even came up and rode with me and helped me dial it in. A few people from EWR have called several times to see how I like it. Awesome bike!

I've ridden and owned many bikes, including cross country, all mountain, free ride, 29ers and a single speed. No bike is anything like this.

[May 30, 2009]
    Anonymous

OVERALL
    Strength:

For being a 29er, it handles with agility of a 26". The steel frame is compliant and makes for a smooth ride. Perfect BB height. Short chainstays make for great climbing and wheelieing. Cornering ability is outstanding. Not to mention the descending ability... it is very stable under you. Optional SS or Gears set up.

Still looking for one! maybe the weight...but it is steel.

This bike rocks!!

I have been racing for over ten years and this is the first bike that I have been on and said "I am keeping forever" ...even if my sponsorship changes and we have a different bike sponsors I will still prefer to ride this over anything else. I have nothing but smiles on my face while riding this bike. I like it so much I even use it as my Roadie now.... granted I am "spun out" most of the time.

29er caffeine, Trek 69er, Fuji 29er, Orbea 29er, and a couple of other brands that are slipping my mind.

[May 27, 2009]
    Kool

OVERALL
    Strength:

Steel is Real. The innovative design of this frame is incredible. Its very responsive in tight fast corners, rolls over everything and climbs like billy goat!!!

Zero

If your looking to buy a high quality 29er contact the guys at EWRbikes or one of there dealers and take this work of art for a Demo ride, Ill guarantee you will be all Smiles throughout the ride.

[May 13, 2009]
    ken herzog

OVERALL
    Strength:

STEEL! Super compliant bike takes the edge off those long rides that aluminum shoves up your spine. Excellent geometry with no front wheel/foot overlap. Strong as hell!
    Fit and those guys will really talk to you about how to set it up. This frame design is based on a proven design resurrected from the dead.

Absolutely no weaknesses!

This bike is so hot I can't recommend it enough. The killer green color rocks but they'll paint it whatever color you want.
    Climbs like a mule and descends even better.
    I am a Trail rider with a Specialized Carbon hardtail, a KHS 4"dually, and a Turner DH1 downhill rig. I have not been on another bike since I've had it. I would recomment this to the guy or gal that wants a bike with soul.

Welcome back to the game EWR

Go get one, you'll keep it forever!!!!!!!!

Trek 69er, Specialized 29 singlespeed

[May 13, 2009]
    tri2cycle

OVERALL
    Strength:

Climbs and rolls over anything you can provide the power and skill to do.
    Corners great for a 29er.
    Sweet frame design.

None.

I love this bike. Because it is not a full suspension it may not be for dh, but it is still a fun ride going down most terrain.

Buy it if you like the feel of a 29er and want something that compares to the aggressiveness of 26" wheel.

Rocky Mountain

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.