Scott Spark Comp 29er Full Suspension

The Spark 29 Comp is a full suspension aluminum 29er with Shimano drivetrain and brakes which is lightweight, durable, affordable and retains all the great geometry and ride of its carbon cousins.

• Frame: Spark 29 alloy 6061

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 03, 2018]
    bretthumphry

OVERALL
    Strength:

Coming off of a 2016 Giant 27.5, I couldn’t believe the speed that the Spark generated. I earn my turns so I do a lot of climbing and DH. This bike has made doing one of my favorite runs even better. The bike holds a great line and as my trail is called “Cobbles”, you can imagine there are lots of rocks and this bike does better than my Santa Cruz Blur LT2. If you’re not an aspiring pro, this is probably be the best bang for your buck. I love mine. Bike is very solid, shifts clean and quietly and can handle more than you think on the mountain.

I wish the Spark had come with 120mm air shocks. A little extra play in the suspension for bigger hits and air shocks to lighten the front end and have a bit more control...but honestly, I have my bike set up well and it’s hard to understand why I don’t bottom out the suspension. I like bike parks and launching on downhills and I think I’ve maybe bottomed out the rear suspension once and that was when I was playing around with air pressure in the shock and had it at very low pressure.

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    Used
    Model Year:
    2017
    [Feb 01, 2013]
    marks425

OVERALL
    Strength:

Climbs great. The XL holds all 260lbs of me no problem. After tuning, it would be hard to go back to my hard tail.

This is my first f/s so I can only compare to my Gary Fisher hard tail. No weaknesses.

Easy decision..... buy it!

[Nov 15, 2012]
    jake weekend warrior

OVERALL
    Strength:

good components for the money.with a little time adjusting the suspension all work well togather.

remote lock-out would have been nice.

most bang for the buck i could find in n.c.

[Jun 11, 2012]
    Rick

OVERALL
    Strength:

If your looking for great bang for your buck in a full suspension 29er, this is it. Great components for the money! Nobody else comes close to the components at this price level! LOVE this BIKE!

Front suspension is horrible, but an easy fix/upgrade. I bottomed the front fork the fist time riding it and immediatly upgraded the suspension.

I believe this is Scotts attempt to re-establish themselves as a heavy weight contender in Mountain biking. This is a really fun, fast bike, that does everything you would expect and even a bit more. Dont think twice, just pull the trigger and start enjoying a full suspension 29er!

Giant Trance 1

[May 30, 2012]
    TTK8

OVERALL
    Strength:

This is a climbing machine. I like the way it feels on the desent as well it just eats bumps and is easy on the wallet.

Harder to turn on tight switchbacks than my 26 inch wheel bike. Parts are OK nothing special.

Love this bike been riding it for a couple of weeks and I love it. Won't go back to 26 inch wheels except when I downhill.

[Feb 10, 2012]
    Josh700

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price, frame design

Weight

I intended to ride an mtb again after riding road on my Trek Madone for several months. I was looking at a sub-2K full suspension 29er. With the current economic crisis, I didn't see the justification to buy a 2K-3K 29er. Originally I was looking at the Specialized Camber. It was comfortable and rode well. However, Specialized jacked up their prices for the 2012 Camber to $2,200. Luckily, through research, I found the 2012 Scott Spark Comp at $1,650 OTD. I already had a Scott Sportster 55 Dual Sport Hybrid at only $500 and was impressed by the ride. It rode as well as the 2011 Spesh Camber for $550 less! The SLX gears were relatively smooth and the suspension worked well. For the money, I believe the 2012 Scott Spark Comp 29er is the best bang for the buck for full suspension 29ers out there. With the quality, I would not hesitate to recommend Scott.

Stumpjumper FSR XC

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.