Scott Spark 940 29er Full Suspension

• Frame: SCOTT Spark 29 Alloy 6061 Custom Butted
  • Fork: FOX 32 Float 29 Evolution CTD Air
  • Headset: Ritchey Comp Tapered 1.5" - 1 1/8"
  • Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M670
  • Crankset: Shimano XT FC-M780

[Dec 18, 2014]
Robert H

OVERALL
Strength:

I have not ridden in 10 years so I wanted new technology over my Sugar. And since I am over 50, comfort is a must. This bike is very light w tubeless tires. And it is very comfortable - grips and seat are great. The price was right also being a 2013 and a demo w no scratches. The shock system is very fun to use with the 3 settings. I have only been on it 4-5 times so I don't have the set up dialed perfectly. My buddy who has been riding for 20 years loved it. It doesn't have as much clearance as a longer travel bike but it is fine for 95% of the riding that I do - hilly, rocky, rooty, single track with some big flow trails - I don't get much air on purpose. I love the ability to stand up in the saddle and pedal - I don't have the motor that I use to so being able to stand up is great for powering through short rises.

The front end seems light to me. The first couple of times that I have ridden on technical single track I was all over the place. Granted, I am not a pro rider, but I had a hard time hitting the lines and not clipping trees.

I was shopping for the best bike that I could find at price point of $2K. I bought the Scott at a local shop for 1850 out the door, and REI has the bike now for $2,300 which is well above blue book. So I felt like I got a fair deal and the best bike for the price. An XL bike under 30 lbs. w pedals is tough to beat for $2K. The shock lock system is a Great feature as the ability to change suspension 3 ways is a thumb click away. I didn't find this feature anywhere else and the practicality on the trail is awesome.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.