Redline D-860 29er Full Suspension

Hydroformed butted aluminum frame using Redline's Binary Link suspension system eliminates unwanted compression and provides the most efficient ride.

[Jul 07, 2016]
Mike Bolen

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride, suspension, components

Frame cracked

I purchased this bike in September 2014. Right away I noticed this bike was a blast to ride. Just point and go. Gobbles up rocks like a steam roller. In August 2015 the frame cracked just behind where the top tube and down tube meet. About an inch behind the weld. No biggie, LBS took care of it, Redline stood behind their warranty. Three weeks later I had a new front triangle and was ready to go. Enjoyed almost another year with the bike and CRACK! Another cracked frame, same location. I don't beat my bikes, I don't do drops or jumps. Haven't raced in over 6 years. I ride the bike on the local trails all over western PA. There are rocks but I usually pick a line. Have never broke anything on a bike other than a chain in over twenty years of mountain biking. Its very disappointing because I really like the bike. If it weren't for the frame cracking it would be 5 flamin chili peppers!