Pivot Cycles Switchblade 29er Full Suspension

• Switchblade Pro 1X

[Oct 16, 2018]
aanderle

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality, playfulness, agility, climbing efficency, broad spectrum of use. I got this bike twice as a backup while my main rig was away, so i have spent about 15 days on it. The first thing to mention is, that i didnt miss my other bike (sworks enduro 29) while I had the switchblade. It surprised me a great deal just how well it preformed ad anything I threw at it. of course, there were less reserves and i was using all available travel most of the time, but the bike itself never gave much indication that has been riding on its limit. Compared to Enduro it lacks stability at speed and high control over gnar aswell as ability to suck up big hits and harsh landings. But at the same time, its a different category of a bike and I was blown away by the performance and handling of the SB. This bike covers 80% of my biking demands, and is the first bike to trully impress in a long time... Partially because of the switchblade, I am getting the Firebird 29 now instead of the new Enduro 29. Will see if it delivers.

Build combos, price I would have preferred to have more choice of builds or at least more sram offerings instead of shimano drivetrains in every price range. With the XT\XTR installed on the bike I missed both XX1 drivetrain and Guide or Code brakes.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Mar 07, 2018]
The Butcher

OVERALL
Strength:

Favorite bike ever. Liked my first one so much, I bought a second one as a back up! I'm a big guy (6'6", 300lbs.), and this is just the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. As the terrain gets more aggressive, it just wants to go faster, and it will soak up just about anything I've thrown at it (which isn't too crazy since I'm in Texas). I've owned a Rip9 Carbon, Intense Carbine 29, SC Hightower (non-LT), and a Pivot Mach 429SL, and the Switchblade is by far my favorite. Easy to manual, and fairly quick turning radius for something that feels as comfortable and slack as it is. Did I mention it is my favorite bike ever? SB1 set up: XX1 Eagle, Reynolds/i9 carbon hoops, Loaded 840mm bars (love these!), Next seat post, Next cranks, Racing Ralph front tire, Saguaro Rear tire. SB2 set up: XO1 Eagle, Reynolds/i9 carbon hoops, Pivot 800mm bar (don't love these), Fox Transfer 150mm, Next cranks, Aggressor F/R tires.

None so far, but more technical (ie, better) riders might feel it isn't as snappy as they would like. At my height and weight it does everything I need it to do and it does it in comfort!

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
  • Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.