Orbea Occam TR 29er Full Suspension

Occam TR is a 120mm platform with 29” wheels - lightweight, refined and capable. Is the perfect choice for trail riders who love long, fast rides over varied terrain with maximum efficiencys. Those who prefer long days in the saddle and crave a balance of downhill speed and lightweight stability, choose Occam TR.

[Feb 21, 2017]
sbrdude1
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent climber, long top tube, short chain stays, very stiff, light, unique.

No local dealers, not enough youtube reviews. BB92. Factory spec uses a 120mm fork which causes pedal strikes due to the low BB.

I started out with the previous model which I rode for 2 years but was upgraded to this when I kept having an issue with the drive side of the chain stay cracking just above the BB. During the warranty process the USA based warranty department was understanding and helpful at resolving the broken parts and eventually gave me this frame and an extra shock for my trouble. So far I would compare this to the new Ibis Ripley LS with a longer top tube. I wish they had not gone away from the threaded BB due to the annoying problems that plague any PF BBs but I solved it with a ceramic hybrid BB from Enduro Bearing. I think my frame was also an early production model because it said made in Spain and my previous one was maid in Asia as with most CF frames. Not that this changes the quality but it does add to the unique qualities of the bike. I have ridden it is aggressive style XC races to the occasional AM ride (Cannell Meadow Trail) and it has performed extremely well. It really is a do-it-all bike and due to the lifetime warranty, an obvious good choice for the rough stuff.