Giant Reign Advanced Pro 29er Full Suspension

When it comes to building the ultimate enduro machine, we look to Giant Factory Off-Road Team riders who are out there pushing the limits of their bodies and bikes. This bike is for them—and for everyone else who loves to charge hard. We engineered the geometry of the Advanced composite frame and swingarm around larger diameter 29-inch wheels. That means shorter chainstays, a longer toptube, and just the right angles with the headtube (65 degrees) and seattube (76.8 degrees). Then we gave it an updated Maestro suspension system with 146mm of rear suspension. Aided by a new trunnion mount shock and Advanced Forged Composite rocker arm, we came up with a system that feels super plush, active and shreddable. Beyond that, the new Reign Advanced Pro 29 features everything you need in a pro-level enduro machine, including a cleanly routed dropper seatpost, the latest Giant WheelSystem with Boost hub spacing, and tubeless tires set up right out of the box.

Available Models:

• Reign Advanced Pro 0
  • Reign Advanced Pro 1
  • Reign Advanced Pro 2

[Nov 20, 2020]
Jwiffle

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought the frameset and built it up, so it's custom. Similar build to the 1, but some nice upgrades: XX1 crank, I9 Hydra hubs laced to LB hoops, Fox 36 fork and Fox dropper, Hope brakes. Anyway, this bike rocks! I love the new geometry. The steep seat tube angle really helps on climbs. I'm able to climb sitting on the saddle more than any previous bike I owned, where I was often scooted all the way to the tip of the saddle. My build came in right at 30.2 lbs, so fairly light (with honking huge 3.0 tire in the front, 2.6 in the rear. Could drop 1.5-2 lbs easy with some lighter tires). The bike is very confidence inspiring. I've done big drops and jumps at the nearby bike park, and roared through rock gardens on my local trails. The handling is sharp, no trouble navigating tight turns. Perfect bike for the chunky riding we have around here.

There aren't any, really. It's not the fastest climber, but it's not an XC bike. It can more than handle anything I'm capable of downhill and jump/drop wise, so if there are any shortcomings there, I don't know of them.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2020

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.