Giant Anthem Advanced Pro XC 29er Full Suspension

Advanced-grade composite frame. The Anthem Advanced Pro 29 frameset features Giant’s all-new trunnion mount shock, plus shorter chainstays and the Advanced Forged Composite upper rocker. The combination of wider Boost hub spacing and Giant WheelSystems gives super strong and stiff wheels for confident, precise handling on rugged trails.

Available Models:

• Anthem Advanced Pro 0
  • Anthem Advanced Pro 1

[Dec 20, 2017]
barry bullard

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is the most comfortable riding 90/100mm travel bike I have ever ridden- it is lightweight,( I think my medium weighed in at just under 23 lbs with pedals) has a super smooth drive train, and the geometry hits the perfect balance between XC race bike quickness and confidence inspiring ride stability. It goes through sweepers like its on a rail. The Giant Maestro/ Fox shock rear suspension has unbelievable small bump compliance, but never feels "squishy". The bike feels less twitchy than most XC bikes I have ridden, but by no means does it feel sluggish. It has a little more of an upright riding position than some other XC bikes, which makes it more comfortable on longer rides. I have never been a big fan of manual suspension lockouts, but I really like the one on this bike, and find myself using it often.

Graphics could be a little more defining- someone asked if the bike was a Scott because they couldn't read the Giant lettering on the down tube. I have a few more pedal strikes/scrapes with this bike, but I suppose that's the compromise with the geometry, or it could be that I have the bike set up on the soft side. The engagement on the rear hub is a little slow, so I installed a quick engagement kit from DT Swiss which made a noticeable improvement.

I love this bike. It' s not the sexiest XC bike out there, or the sexiest bike that I own, but it strikes the perfect balance between a quick XC race bike and an every day driver that you just can't resist. I was a doubter when they talked about the "longer, slacker" geometry, but I got used to it quickly and I really prefer it to anything else I have ridden.