Turner RFX v4.0 27.5 Full Suspension

The RFX v4.0 has plenty of tire clearance (like most Turner models) and will fit 2.4? tires with ease. It has a race-oriented 66 degree head angle and the frame features a unique head tube dimension that allows riders to customize the head angle in half degree increments all the way to a super slack 64.5 degrees (when paired with a 160mm fork). The seat angle is 73.5 degrees and the dw-link suspension provides 160mm of travel.

[Jun 09, 2018]
arik010

OVERALL
Strength:

Nimble frame with relatively good trail and enduro performance efficient climbing, stable and precise at downhill. great performance of DW link.

frame cracks, poor customer service, when paying this ammount of money i want to know that if the carbon frame crack the vendor will replace it under warranty if such exists.

Price Paid:
2016
[Feb 02, 2018]
Festusjrf

OVERALL
Strength:

I have test ridden a few bikes in this category and this was the overall winner. It climbs extremely well for an Enduro bike and turns into a magic carpet on the downhill. It is stable yet still nimble. I initially had the RFX and a Trail bike which I now sold as the RFX does dual duty and does it well. I don’t feel punished on longer rides by the extra squish, don’t get me wrong it’s not a XC racer but it’s a very efficient All Mountain/ Enduro bike

The only thing I would change, I would buy it with a Fox 36 from the start. Nothing negative to report, the more I ride it the more I like it.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2015
[Dec 15, 2016]
Matthew B. Hembree

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, agile, stiff, rock solid, plush, supple

Nothing as of yet.

Best bike I have ever ridden or owned. It is by far the most responsive, supple, bike. It can handle it all.
This bike which amazes me on how good it climbs. A bike that climbs well with 160mm travel is not something I was expecting. Climbing and downhill is much different. Totally separate things. When it is time to head down, seems like the the faster you go the better it goes. It can handle anything.
The other thing you get is a group (Dave Turner and group) that is dedicated to perfection. They get what they are doing, have experience and without attitude will guide you and recommend nothing but the best.
The RFX 4.0 is by car the best I have tested used, and owned. Best purchase I have made with regards to mountain biking.

I tested Santa Cruz Bronson, Ellsworth, Niner, and a few Intense. The Turner RFX 4.0 was the best I tested for my riding style.

[Oct 24, 2015]
chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, efficiency, handling, adjustability (head angle)

Price

I rode an RFX today in San Diego at North of the Border bike shop / Turner's demo day. It felt like cheating. I've been riding a Mojo HDR w/ 180mm fork. (Trails were XC/AM -- Penasquitos / Tunnel 3 / Del Mar Mesa area with singletrack, small jumps, rock gardens, and some whoops.)

Pros
- Surprisingly light (sorry, forgot to ask exact weight)
- Cruises over rocks / roots compared to a 26". The bike is def faster than mine.
- Long TT on paper, but certainly didn't feel too long when riding.
- Whippy but neutral handling. Balanced F/R off jumps.
- Lots of front end traction. The bike didn't push or wash out in places I expected it to.
- Pedaled just as well as a Mojo HDR (no surprise)

Cons
- Just a bit slower uphill initially (27.5 wheel inertia maybe?) compared to my 26".
- Not free? (can't bring myself to buy one just yet)

Turner were awesome too. Very friendly and they made sure to set up the bike properly, and ask what I thought when I returned.

Ibis Mojo HDR, Ellsworth Moment, Turner 5-Spot, Santa Cruz VP Free, SC Nomad, Kona Coiler

[Oct 09, 2015]
Spectre

OVERALL
Strength:

Balance of strengths between climbing efficiency, descending stability and steering that hits the right balance between quickness and predictability.

There are lower priced bikes with similar specs.

This is a one-quiver bike that I would choose for all types of trail conditions in the Pacific Northwest. Typically, our trail conditions provide good grip so it’s fairly easy to get into higher-g cornering for which the stiffness of longer-travel bikes is helpful in resisting side loading forces. At the same time, the RFX steers fast enough that it doesn’t give up much in nimbleness to shorter travel bikes while providing an exceptionally intuitive level of downhill control.

Full review at: http://www.dirtmerchantbikes.com/special-events/2015/9/14/interbike-2015-turner-rfx-v40-bike-test-160mm-rear-travel

Specialized Enduro, Santa Cruz Bronson, Pivot Mach 6, Intense Tracer 275C, DeVinci Troy, DeVinci Spartan, Breezer Repack

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.