Trek Fuel EX 27.5 Full Suspension

• Bontrager Rhythm Elite seatpost

[Oct 19, 2015]
sxr-racer

OVERALL
Strength:

Sram 1x11 Drivetrain. Reverb Seatpost. Suspension. The whole package!

No real weaknesses other than I do have more pedal strikes, but last ride there was alot of rocks to contend with.

Bought the my 2015 EX9 27.5 to replace a Titus FTM that had a rear triangle break. I was planning to go with the EX9 29er. But I have a GF Rig 29er SS and a Niner MCR9 29er also. Got to thinking I liked how the Titus could play around more with the smaller wheels. But liked the rollover of the 29" wheels. So, at the last moment I told them to order the 27.5. Really glad that I did. This bike and the wheel size is very playful. I can do more on this one that I could on the Titus. When I got my Titus I really liked the feel of the bike and how they took the FSR suspension and made it better. Had a friend with an EX 8 ask me why Titus and not a Trek or Specialized. I responded that I liked how the boutique builders made a good bike better. He later picked up a Pivot and said "I get it now"............ Well, I am now eating my words. Trek "Got It" with this design. My local trails (Sokol) consist of very little elevation changes, short climbs and short down hills. Lots of tight trail areas. This bike fits perfect for the area trails. Very Stable and Predictable. Not as light as I would have liked, but honestly, it does not feel any heavier than my 26 lb Titus that it replaced. Weighing in around 28 lbs. Setup Tubeless using the Bontrager rim strips and Stans.

Gary Fisher Sugar 3
Titus FTM

[Sep 22, 2015]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

2015 Fuel EX8 27.5 - Good solid frame and great all rounder bike, handles great, climbs okay.

A bit on the heavy side, DRCV rear shock failed on the first ride which turned into numerous disputes with the local trek dealer after requesting I pay for the labour to repair. I was also told that I wasn't able to perform any work on the bike without voiding my warranty which lead to complaining to Trek Australia who informed me that this wasn't the case and the local dealer was wrong. The ABP / Evo link bolts come loose occasionally, XR3 tyres aren't very good.

Good bike overall let down but terrible after sales support. Unfortunately the last Trek bike I will buy because having a local bike shop that is helpful is just as important as the quality of the bike itself. I've recently purchased another $3000 plus Giant MTB from the local Giant dealer in Mackay and the difference in service is amazing. The guys are so helpful and only too willing to make sure the customer is happy. Come on Trek.... Give us a decent dealer!! The Fuel will now be getting serviced at the local Giant dealer.

[Mar 21, 2015]
lcirino

OVERALL
Strength:

Suspension, frame, reverb, XT components.

Main pivot nut cracked on the second month of use, but got a new one from Trek under waranty.

Broke a 2008 Fuel EX 9.5 frame and got a huge discount on a new bike instead of a new frame. Got a 2015 9.8 and it's a great upgrade over the 2008 - 27,5 wheels, 2x10 drivetrain and reverb seatpost where the main differences I noted, but the bike is almost a new ride. Very nice.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.