Transition Bikes Scout 27.5 Full Suspension

The Scout has the character of a slopestyle bike blended with the comfort to pedal big mileage in any terrain. Taking mid travel to all new places, the Scout is equally at home slashing turns deep on backcountry trails or cranking out laps on the local trails.

[Dec 07, 2016]
mtnbkrdr98
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent spec for the money, very smooth and plush suspension system, very good geometry for descending and climbing, very maneuverable yet stable rig.

None really Maybe it doesn't quite have the pedaling platform/feel that I've experienced with DW Link (Turner Spot), but not that big of a deal. Alu model I chose is a tad heavy, but an upgrade to carbon wheelset build when I can afford that will Remedy the issue.

The bike is just a blast to ride - I'm mainly more on the XC side of All Mountain so the bike is capable of WAY more than I can throw it into, but the geometry makes me feel stable and confident when I do push it, and I feel safe going down technical sections with it. It climbs well and gives very good climbing traction. For extended climbs I've been keeping the shock in trail mode, but then like to open it up on the descents and where there's technical stuff.